GWH Jumping on the 1/48 Tomcat Bandwagon?

I very much doubt that the GWH kit is in any way related to the AMK aside from the fact that they are both F-14s. One does wonder now if AMK will still release theirs. Probably. They have probably sunk a lot of money into the development of the kit, especially if they have decided to retool the fuselage to correct the "fat butt". I'm sure they would like to recoup their costs. But now that GWH has announced, one wonders how many people will decide to wait for theirs and skip the AMK kit all together. I might. I was never that anxious to get an F-14D in the first place. I will at least wait to see what GWH produces. They do have have a good rep and have positively responded to customer criticisms by correcting problems with their kits.

So the waiting game continues.

4 hours ago, Mstor said:

I very much doubt that the GWH kit is in any way related to the AMK aside from the fact that they are both F-14s. One does wonder now if AMK will still release theirs. Probably. They have probably sunk a lot of money into the development of the kit, especially if they have decided to retool the fuselage to correct the "fat butt". I'm sure they would like to recoup their costs. But now that GWH has announced, one wonders how many people will decide to wait for theirs and skip the AMK kit all together. I might. I was never that anxious to get an F-14D in the first place. I will at least wait to see what GWH produces. They do have have a good rep and have positively responded to customer criticisms by correcting problems with their kits.

So the waiting game continues.

Word.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Duh. Sometimes I am just too dense :doh:

Word as well... :woot.gif:

15 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Word.

Word as well... :woot.gif:

Now, I don't need you agreeing that I'm too dense, or do I? Maybe I'm more than dense, hmmm. Now you got me worried. I need a break. I know, I'll go put some more decals on my Su-33!  Modeling, what a concept!

On 1/6/2019 at 11:30 AM, foxmulder_ms said:

What is this list? A wish list or rumors of the kits under development by Great Wall Hobby? 

A wish list of hope.....probably enough hope to explode a manufacturers head........

4 hours ago, Mstor said:

Now, I don't need you agreeing that I'm too dense, or do I? Maybe I'm more than dense, hmmm. Now you got me worried. I need a break. I know, I'll go put some more decals on my Su-33!  Modeling, what a concept!

Oh, I was just pulling your leg, Markey! :tease:Density might be quite subjetive when you speak about personal opinions; some people will think your input is of use to them, then others won't. Most people won't even care what modellers post on here when they haven't asked and your input is merely based on a personal opinion and not a fact, for instance. Had I ever thought your input was dense, I don't think I'd have taken the time to quote it and "B.Sin" it, would I?

I do care about your personal opinions, and in general I find that they're honest, very down to earth.

Are you building the Kinetic kit?

Cheers my mate,

Onigiri

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, bushande said:

Sooooooo ....... any news or should one fear this will go down the AMK route?

Their 1/72 kit looks like it'll be available soon. One can assume the 1/48 kit isn't far behind.

2 hours ago, bushande said:

Sooooooo ....... any news or should one fear this will go down the AMK route?

For what its worth, Cybermodeler now lists this in their aircraft kit release schedule...

"Great Wall   F-14    Tomcat series   48   TBA   2019"

The "TBA" is from the kit number column, the "2019" is from the release date column. The "48" is, of course, the scale. Supposedly based on info from the manufacturer.

Edited by Mstor
1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Market saturation. Give us a new A-10 series or complete the Flanker family (which is supposed to happen as well).

Because Tamiya has a kit? AMK is not in the market and the last kit was 10 years ago by hobby boss  (I won’t comment on their issues with the kit) Obviously GWH thinks there’s room to bring out a new new. I say the more the merrier. Wasn’t there an HB and Italeri A-10 in recent years? 😉

Just as an aside, the same list on Cybermodeler lists both an Su-25 and Su-57 in 1/48th from Kitty Hawk for 2020. I will be anxious to see if they can pull off a decent Su-25. For years, all we've had are the old Monogram and OEZ kits.

11 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Because Tamiya has a kit? AMK is not in the market and the last kit was 10 years ago by hobby boss  (I won’t comment on their issues with the kit) Obviously GWH thinks there’s room to bring out a new new. I say the more the merrier. Wasn’t there an HB and Italeri A-10 in recent years? 😉

Understood Brian. I'm not a Tomcat Junkie. Besides you have "skin in the game"  so to speak (and I love your decals). The HB, Italeri and Revell O' Gram A-10's are poor samples and fail to properly represent the warthog in many ways...especially the A-10C. I'll say it again...the A-10 just doesn't get any respect.....Ok...How about a correct F-111?

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Understood Brian. I'm not a Tomcat Junkie. Besides you have "skin in the game"  so to speak (and I love your decals). The HB, Italeri and Revell O' Gram A-10's are poor samples and fail to properly represent the warthog in many ways...especially the A-10C. I'll say it again...the A-10 just doesn't get any respect.....Ok...How about a correct F-111?

That would make the A=10 the Rodney Dangerfield of models. "I get no respect!" All I can think about now is Caddy Shack! 😂

8 hours ago, HomeBe said:

On Cybermodeller ? Why ?

Cause I don't use Facebook much. Probably once a week I will take a look at stuff there, but I really don't like it much. Personal preference. Plus, I forgot about your posts back in May. Memory like a sieve. So, Cybermodeler is where I saw it recently.

Edited by Mstor
15 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Off topic, I would love to see GWH

do a new A-7 Corsair ll  &  F-16  series. In 1/48th scale of course. 

That would be wunnaful (to quote Lawrence Welk).  And what about a complete family of F-86s to go with their T-33?  Start with the A and go right up to the H, and include the Avon powered birds!

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

That would be wunnaful (to quote Lawrence Welk).  And what about a complete family of F-86s to go with their T-33?  Start with the A and go right up to the H, and include the Avon powered birds!

Great idea on the F-86 series. Personally I think they should start on the F-86E. That way they will make the money to repay for the moulds and then they can go do the F-86A. A lot more people will be more interested in the E.