RAF Lakenheath photo thread

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

I'm gonna have a go at getting some pics of this jet on Friday, weather is meant to be clear all day and I've booked myself a day off work. All they've got to do now is fly the damn thing on a routine op on Friday morning. Given my usual luck with planned photo trips we all know how this is likely to go!

Gary

I'm afraid that it's currently inbound Albacete in Spain for TLP. Was quite chuffed about a hour ago when it taxied out as the No 2 jet of the first flight of the day. Then I saw the damn baggage pods and realised it wasn't coming back! Got it on departure but a landing shot would have been so much better. Bit of local activity going on so will have something later.

Gary

Gents,

Here you go, what promised to be quite good ended up being pretty mundane actually. Only eight of the jets launched (all 494th FS) came back after local sorties, and the only circuit of the morning was the guy who screwed his approach up. All the 492nd went South to the TLP exercise in Spain, including 97-0219, which was the No2 jet of the first flight despatched. It's going to a bit quiet for a while around here as now both the 492nd and 493rd have the majority of their squadrons deployed, leaving just the 494th here in strength.

2G5A0194.jpg

2G5A0200.jpg

Any idea why the near side tank is so glossy?

2G5A0296.jpg

2G5A0304.jpg

2G5A0363.jpg

WSO giving the sign to the camera, can't remember what they call it.

2G5A0423.jpg

Bit of a shame as like the day at Mildenhall a fortnight ago, it promised much and didn't deliver. Rumour is that the second one of the trio is going to come out of the paint shop in silver!

Gary

Edited by gary1701