Or, how about some resin plugs for the two open holes for later production Fullbacks. I had to use 2 part putty to plug those babies, but with your mastery, I'm sure you would have something that would be plug & play....no pun.....and a pylon set in 1/48..for the heavy ordinance too!

Hi Matt. I was going to reply to this the other night but the site crashed right after I made my Khibiny update in the Su-34 thread:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/299610-two-148-su-34-and-the-winner-is/&do=findComment&comment=2932388

As for those holes, they can be filled using a variety of methods and get sanded flush so not much reason for somebody to pay for aftermarket there.

I have other non-Su34 projects in the works so nothing other than the Khibiny for now.

:cheers:

Thank you Sir!  I'm stoked to see what you've got coming next.  As for the "Plugs" I used thin sheet styrene on the inside with a two part modeling putty (the type for figure making) to level it on the outside. It worked out ok, not the easiest solution, but it sure would have been nice to have something from the manufacturer to at least make it an option. I'm using the Kitty Hawk pods on this build to just move it off the shelf.

The Pods look beautiful. I'll be one of your first orders for a pair as well as some 1/32 goods.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Or, how about some resin plugs for the two open holes for later production Fullbacks. I had to use 2 part putty to plug those babies, but with your mastery, I'm sure you would have something that would be plug & play....no pun.....and a pylon set in 1/48..for the heavy ordinance too!

What two holes need plugging for later production Fullbacks?  Was it the ones on top of the fuselage near the motors?

I noticed this and posted in a Su-34 Facebook group build I started up.  Photo is of the Kitty Hawk Su-34.  Is the kit correct for early Su-34s in this area as well?  Should be some what an easy fix.

45395822_718009761898338_216709970853363

8 hours ago, Jonathan S said:

What two holes need plugging for later production Fullbacks?  Was it the ones on top of the fuselage near the motors?

I noticed this and posted in a Su-34 Facebook group build I started up.  Photo is of the Kitty Hawk Su-34.  Is the kit correct for early Su-34s in this area as well?  Should be some what an easy fix.

45395822_718009761898338_216709970853363

Late production Fullbacks only have one grill area for the APU on the stinger. The large one. The others need to be plugged.