Inline fans for spray booth?

I'm building a new spray booth, and I was wondering what the deal is with using an inline fan, like:
shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBrbAOV2SUkcBNUxXtc
for a spray booth fan.  The specs say it should have plenty of power to clear an average size spray booth (~160-250 CFM) and blow it through some duct.  If it's sucking air through a filter, there shouldn't be much risk of fire, right?

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, RedHeadKevin said:

I'm building a new spray booth, and I was wondering what the deal is with using an inline fan, like:
shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBrbAOV2SUkcBNUxXtc
for a spray booth fan.  The specs say it should have plenty of power to clear an average size spray booth (~160-250 CFM) and blow it through some duct.  If it's sucking air through a filter, there shouldn't be much risk of fire, right?

I built a spay booth back in 2006 with this same fan. Its quiet and I've ran it for 1000's of hours since. Never had any issue's as far as flammability goes.

http://www.arcair.com/tnt1/101-200/tnt155-SprayBooth-Glidden/00.shtm

Unless you're going to be dumping a whole ton of solvent through it the fuel/air mixture will be waaaaaay too lean to ignite. An airbrush couldn't move enough solvent through to be dangerous.

Disclaimer: I am not any sort of engineer, chemical, mechanical or fire protection. Just another a-hole with an opinion.

Edited by Grey Ghost 531