B-2 Stealth detail pics needed please.

Hi everyone,

As the title says, i need some detailed images of the B2 please, in particular the fore and aft edges of the bomb bay. If you look at my video's, one of which is here, you'll see that the modelcollect kit is in error on the nose gear and bomb bay panel edges. they have basically moulded a "shelf" directly above the VVV shapes and then sit the edges of the bays directly on top of them. i can find enough images and fottage on YouTube to see that the bay walls are back away from the root of the VVV sections but then I see in some shots what looks to be like a shelf half way covering the VVV area and then in another it looks like theres nothing there?

Please help me out here if possible, I'll be so very grateful because I've extended my bomb bay but want to be sure of what to do next before I commit to gluing it in!!

4 hours ago, B.Sin said:

In case you're interested, Black dog as  recently issued a resin Bombay and wheelbay sets for this kit.

Thanks for the info my friend. Unfortunately, as with so many "upgrades" these days, Black Dog has manufactured a replacement set to fit the kit directly, rather than "correct" it. The Eduard set is the same, it is designed to fit the kit parts rather than have the modeller carry out simple mods to correct the kit.

I wish these large companies would produce an update set and a correction set.

10 hours ago, Finn said:

Thanks Jari, I have already got those pics downloaded. I think some are of the training rig that has been built to train bomb loaders on so I think there are two issues here.. 1. The edge areas of the bay are not consistent with the actual aircraft, which would explain the differences I am seeing?. 2. The mock up is more than likely made of plywodd, so the edges may well be thicker than the real deal?

For example, look at this area in image no 4 vs image no 7???

Nige

Edited by Nigelr32

Righty Oh then, 

A kind Youtube subscriber has sent a pic of what i needed for the bomb bay and it would appear that the training piece has been whats causing the confusion. I think I'm right in saying that the edges of the bay on the training piece are different to the real deal so I've been led up the gradedn path as we say here in the UK.. just shows, you can never be too careful with your references!!

So, to answer anyone who is asking the same question, it would appear that the white panel juts out about half way across the VVV shape and the bulkhead is on top of or just behind it? So, if you've watched my video, you'll soon see me correcting the correction that I did to correct the Modelcollect kit. In other words, both Modelcollect and I got it wrong!!

I need more pics now though, and i think this one is even a bigger ask.. I would like to see what the ducting from the secondary intakes to the comressor look like and a close up of the inside of the doors please. i have found a few shots on Google, but they are all a little ambiguous, especially when blown up.

Thanks in anticipation of a million replies...

Nige

Edited by Nigelr32