New Caracal Models Basics sheets

11 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

That sheet doesn't have the full spelling title.

Trust me.  It's a true pain in the ascot technique to do individual lettering, even from dry transfer sheets so there's no clear carrier film to deal with.

6-CFECCB5-AE63-48-D9-B8-CD-148781-BFA66-

3-D41207-E-94-DD-489-E-BBE9-577-A671-D13

9-C62-C4-D9-4-CAA-4-A10-9284-1-A494757-F

EE459-E8-F-5-D37-45-B1-9-B57-176-AF8-C01

024-ADC61-884-C-4022-BDD4-6469-EDFC27-F2

Especially after you finish and realize you grabbed the wrong sheet with too large of lettering AND that Woodland's dry transfers are now backed with an adhesive and are permanent.  Not like they used to be where a piece of Scotch tape would rip them right off.  Four years later and it's still sitting on the time out shelf.....

My enthusiasm and innovation in modeling is only exceeded by my ineptness and brain deadedness. 

Rick L.

Edited by Spruemeister
8 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

Trust me.  It's a true pain in the ascot technique to do individual lettering, even from dry transfer sheets so there's no clear carrier film to deal with...

Rick L.

Typed out a lengthy reply, but it was all lost when I had to log in...

Edited by sierrascale
10 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

Trust me.  It's a true pain in the ascot technique to do individual lettering, even from dry transfer sheets so there's no clear carrier film to deal with.

6-CFECCB5-AE63-48-D9-B8-CD-148781-BFA66-

3-D41207-E-94-DD-489-E-BBE9-577-A671-D13

9-C62-C4-D9-4-CAA-4-A10-9284-1-A494757-F

EE459-E8-F-5-D37-45-B1-9-B57-176-AF8-C01

024-ADC61-884-C-4022-BDD4-6469-EDFC27-F2

Especially after you finish and realize you grabbed the wrong sheet with too large of lettering AND that Woodland's dry transfers are now backed with an adhesive and are permanent.  Not like they used to be where a piece of Scotch tape would rip them right off.  Four years later and it's still sitting on the time out shelf.....

My enthusiasm and innovation in modeling is only exceeded by my ineptness and brain deadedness. 

Rick L.

Oooohhhhh....Yeah, I see now looking at your previous post ; UNITED STATES AIR FORCE"...whole shabang.

Ya know, I've downloaded "Amarillo" font (and a few others) from here: https://www.dafont.com/, FREE, and I've made lots of decals on my own using my computer and printer. It's downloaded as a tff file and will work and load right into "Word", and you can go to town literally typing what you want. Play with font size to get the size you want, etc. Good fun.

I'd recommend paper from Expert's Choice: https://www.bare-metal.com/experts-choice-decal-film.html, they make clear and white for a variety of printer types (e.g. laser, ink jet, etc.).

• 3 weeks later...

SACsash.jpg

Like the B-25 pictures, this is photographed from the book "Peace Was Their Profession - SAC: A Tribute", authored by Mike Hill, John M. Campbell & Donna Campbell, Schiffer Publishing, ISBN 0-88740-688-2

I have the impression that the stars in the left picture have a different design. They are sized more alike than those in the right picture. Moreover, the left B-47 sports the fully spelled-out UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, indicating an earlier incarnation of the SAC sash maybe?

Edited by TomTheCat
Forgot the picture link, doh...
4 hours ago, TomTheCat said:

SACsash.jpg

Like the B-25 pictures, this is photographed from the book "Peace Was Their Profession - SAC: A Tribute", authored by Mike Hill, John M. Campbell & Donna Campbell, Schiffer Publishing, ISBN 0-88740-688-2

I have the impression that the stars in the left picture have a different design. They are sized more alike than those in the right picture. Moreover, the left B-47 sports the fully spelled-out UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, indicating an earlier incarnation of the SAC sash maybe?

Tom,

I feel your frustration about early SAC bands and the UNITED STATED AIR FORCE vs U.S. AIR FORCE lettering on bombers in the 1950s.  I am not sure which style band was when.  The caption on the left phot is dated 1957 and the caption on the right says 1956, so your theory as to which is earlier may not be correct.  Here's a photo of a 509th BW(M) B-47E at Pease AFB circa 1960.  Note the SAC band has lots of stars.  Not sure when they were finally standardized. 

K/r,

Dutch

B-47E_State_of_NH_Pease_AFB_1957.jpg.ec09856ac81cb5936190e501a1ff86ef.jpg