ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
KursadA

CD144016 - 1/144 KC-10 Extender

Thanks Dutch! there not mine posted them here just for info on the KDC-10. I have a KDC-10 in da works, converted DC-10 of Airfix and have KC-10 as well. Not one DC-10 kit is perfect, but I take them as is, and do some work on them. I can help Kursad perhaps with unit and other markings I can find online. 

http://www.scalecar.eu/models/aviation-200-av2kc1003-mcdonnell-douglas-kdc-10-30cf-military-transport-in-flight-refueling-tanker-t-235-jan-scheffer-special-tial-markings-60-years-334-squadron-koninklijke-luchtmacht-rnlaf-eindhoven-airport-n9410.html

Edited by Eric2020

To help a bit Kursad here's the unit emblem as seen near the cockpit windows. Just the disc is needed and the horse is better white of colour as its very small for 1/144 scale

Scroll down until you see 334 squadron

https://www.defensie.nl/organisatie/luchtmacht/vliegbases-en-luchtmachtonderdelen/eindhoven/squadrons

Jubileumfeest-70-jaar-334-squadron.jpg

Edited by Eric2020
added pictures

Eric,

I think that Kursad has pretty much set the artwork for the KC-10 sheet.  I do not think it includes KLu KDC-10 markings.  So we will have to wait another turn of the wheel.

R/ Dutch

6 hours ago, Dutch said:

Eric,

I think that Kursad has pretty much set the artwork for the KC-10 sheet.  I do not think it includes KLu KDC-10 markings.  So we will have to wait another turn of the wheel.

R/ Dutch

Yes - the time to contribute to the design of this sheet was five weeks ago. It is now being printed and will be available in 7-10 days.

Hopefully one of the model companies will realize what a monumentally important airframe the DC-10 was; and will give us a new kit of the family in the near future. At the time, I may consider another military DC-10/KC-10 sheet.

I have been watching evlbay and various kit resellers for the Revell KC-10 kit.  It is going for upwards of $75 USD.  I am kicking myself now for selling mine several years ago, but water over the dam. 

I was researching my options.  Welsh produces a KC-10 kit (MT42P), but it is at least as expensive as the Revell kit right now (£59 = $76).  I was toying with the idea of purchasing a MikroMir / Eastern Express 1/144 MD-11 kit ($60) and cutting it down to a DC-10-30.  At least it would have the long wing after bodies already molded and the centerline u/c leg, so would be easier to modify than say a straight Revell / Airfix DC-10-10 kit (currently running $35-$50).  Except for the Welsh kit, the latter options would require scratch building the IFR probe and drogue fitting as well as other mods.

I will buy the sheet and hope for a Revell KC-10 to come along.

R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

I hope they bring out a KC-10! I know it's not anticipated, but tanker kits seem relatively popular. The Roden VC-10 is a nice example, and Minicraft's KC-135 series seems to have done well.

And like Dutch notes, the Revell KC-10 is expensive and hard to get a hold of despite its issues.

Also, I want a pony and world peace...

Time to start posting some profiles - I will enable preorders this week and start shipping within 7-10 days.

kc10promos.jpg

Great. I have a few sheets to order.  R/ Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

On 2/14/2019 at 7:06 PM, KursadA said:

i will enable preorders this weekend.

Hey Kursad.  When were you going to enable pre-orders again?  Anxiously waiting to give you more money!   :o)