ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
KursadA

CD144016 - 1/144 KC-10 Extender

I meant I should design decals for other older kits and bring them to the attention of kit manufacturers - not that it is necessarily what happened here. 

Not sure if I will be doing another KC-10 sheet, but your subject selections are noted. Perhaps when I finally start that civilian airliner decals brand that I have been working on.

@KursadA

Apolgies for mis-reading your intent and meaning, but I like your humor.  Omega Air markings are pretty spartan, all black and probably easy enough to do on my ALPS printer.  No boom on their KDC-10-40, only twin drogues under the rear fusleage and the wingtip pods.  So I should start with an MD-11 kit (need the engine bulge for the -40).  A good freind flies their KC-707 tankers, so i will see if I can get photos of that platform the next time he is in town.

R/ Dutch

10 hours ago, Gator52 said:

I don’t have anything by Micro Mir; not real sure what to expect from them...

Jonah

Jonah,

If their MD-11 kit is any prediction; check out the MD-11 parts review by Viking on Britmodeler.  And MD-11 build log by Ridgeline on Britmodeler.  And MD-11 KLM completed build by Alex1978 on Britmodeler.   I can assume that we will receive a similar parts breakdown as Viking shows in his review.  Alex's results are great, perhaps not fantastic, but very nice.  Results may vary.

R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Thanks for the links Dutch, at the very least it looks as though the MD-11 engine design mitigates what I see as the weakest point of the Revell KC-10, hopefully that carries across to Micro Mir’s new KC-10 as well. 

Jonah