CD144016 - 1/144 KC-10 Extender

14 hours ago, Curt said:

Your repaint description/flow is correct. The two in SAC camo (white-tops) were eventually repainted in AMC gray. They were supposedly left as "white-tops" for sensitive or diplomatic missions, but that did not last. The first KC-10 was 79-0433, briefly registered as N110KC for flight test before handing over to the USAF, Oct 1981. Hope this helps. Your English fine by the way.

Thanks for the info. I updated my pages with all known nose art names, added 100% sure Shamu color airframes. Sometimes I have two nose art, one in SAC and the other in Shamu color, no idea what is correct for 1990-1991 era. Here is it - https://www.dstorm.eu/pages/en/usa/kc-10a.html

So, still looking for more info on that ....

Sharkmouth bird - do you mean 83-0077 ? I have pic of build double with "Great White" nose art and with sharkmouth. What is the story behind it ?

14 hours ago, Da SWO said:

Can you blow the photo of Blackstar up?  Serial number is too the right of the emblem.

Sorry, this is the best I can do, when I enlarge the pic, it is all blurred and unreadable ...

Thanks to all !!

Here's a photo of KC-10A 83-0077 "Great White" with a shark mouth in place of the nose art. From the book Giant Cargo Planes. Wish I could find more but I gather this did not last long. Dragon does make this as a 1/400 die cast.

KC-10A 83-0077 Shark Mouth (1).jpg

KC-10A 83-0077 Shark Mouth (2).jpg

KC-10A 83-0077 Shark Mouth (3).jpg

Edited by Curt