1/48 Hobby Boss Avenger

I am a little late getting these pictures up, I have been working on this for about 2 months but haven't had a chance to post any pictures before today.

this is Hobby Boss' 1/48 Avenger. It is a beautiful kit and I have run into no issues with it yet. I plan on building it OOB with some after market decals, for the RAF Atlantic White scheme and it will be mounted on a stand. 

Progress:

004.jpg

009.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg.

031.jpg

033.jpg

040.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Sean

Sean, great start on one of my favorite aircraft from WWII.  I really like the YZC in the bomb/torpedo bay and rear crew area.  I have never seen it done in that color.  Most of the color pics I have seen are from restorations, so I know they can't be trusted.  Do you have any refs for that color call-out?  I only ask because I am curious if there was something else out there that I had not seen before.  And your weathering of the cockpit and interior are first rate!

2 minutes ago, JesusNut said:

Sean, great start on one of my favorite aircraft from WWII.  I really like the YZC in the bomb/torpedo bay and rear crew area.  I have never seen it done in that color.  Most of the color pics I have seen are from restorations, so I know they can't be trusted.  Do you have any refs for that color call-out?  I only ask because I am curious if there was something else out there that I had not seen before.  And your weathering of the cockpit and interior are first rate!

I usually mix my own interior green, just adding black to YZC just like they did during the war. In this case, its a little bit of ir being more yellow then green cause i didnt add enough black, and the camera making it look a little more yellow then it looks in person. In hindsight, i should have made it more green, but i am still happy with how it turned out. 

The avenger, as far as i know, alwyas had interior green interior, with the cockpit painted bronze green. 

Sean

4 minutes ago, martin_sam_2000 said:

I usually mix my own interior green, just adding black to YZC just like they did during the war. In this case, its a little bit of ir being more yellow then green cause i didnt add enough black, and the camera making it look a little more yellow then it looks in person. In hindsight, i should have made it more green, but i am still happy with how it turned out. 

The avenger, as far as i know, alwyas had interior green interior, with the cockpit painted bronze green. 

Sean

I can see that now that you mentioned it.  I thought I was seeing interior green in the cockpit area and strictly YZC otherwise, but now see the greenish tint to the YZC.  At any rate, fantastic start and I will be following the rest of the build.  I need to finish my TBM-3D, although now I question using interior green throughout the cockpit/crew area/bomb/torpedo bay.  Thanks for the info!

Nice work on the Avenger! Always good to see a Grumman aircraft.

On the interior colors, Bronze Green or Dull Dark Green are appropriate for Grumman-built aircraft, the TBF, but a TBM, built by GM, would be Interior Green.

5 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Nice work on the Avenger! Always good to see a Grumman aircraft.

On the interior colors, Bronze Green or Dull Dark Green are appropriate for Grumman-built aircraft, the TBF, but a TBM, built by GM, would be Interior Green.

Thanks dnl42!  So I was not off after all. 

• 3 months later...

Been a bit of time since I updated this, but I have done some work! just needs a bit of weathering, flat coat, engine and cowling, and then its done!

pictures:

092.jpg

054.jpg

094.jpg

055.jpg

062.jpg

064.jpg

067.jpg

069.jpg

077.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg