F14A Top Gun movie 1:48 model ideas

Hallo mu dear,

thank you once again for the source of knowledge you can find in this forum. I'm planning to buy an F-14A with Top Gun decals cause it's the airplane of the movie that made me growth the passion for aviation. I can't afford the tamiya 1:48 kit so i was thinking about the Hobbyboss f-14A kit. Any feedback on that model?

I was in doubt beetween The HB and Hasegawa but i found HB for 50$ and i thought is a good price. 

I was looking for top gun decals from fightertown Decals but at the moment they are out of stock, any suggestion on a good brand whose decals are of a good quality?

Thank you for your kind help

Save your money and for $70-80 buy the Tamiya kit. It is worth every penny and you won't regret it. 

I am re-printing the TOPGUN decal sheet. It'll be available again after the next release. Hoping by the end of the year. There are no other legally made AM decals for the movie jets. Options do include the Testors kit decals (good luck finding a usable set as they are really old), a Chinese ripoff of artwork that was created by a member here - please don't support them stealing the art and making a profit... you could get the original art file and print your own. 

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals