1/48 Kinetic CF-18 2018 Demo

Very nice finish and original way of presenting your model on the real subject.

Not meaning or willing to spoil the thread. Just this link to add some info and help you adjust the wings maple leaves position (unless they are part of the large "feather" decal ...  The grey rays seem a little short indeed and you could not help it.) :

https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2018/04/canadian-cf-18-demo-team-unveils-paint-job-2018.html

Edited by AV O
23 hours ago, AV O said:

Very nice finish and original way of presenting your model on the real subject.

Not meaning or willing to spoil the thread. Just this link to add some info and help you adjust the wings maple leaves position (unless they are part of the large "feather" decal ...  The grey rays seem a little short indeed and you could not help it.) :

https://www.blogbeforeflight.net/2018/04/canadian-cf-18-demo-team-unveils-paint-job-2018.html

I noticed the mistake after they were buried under several layers of gloss clear. Unfortunately I had a tight deadline and didn't have the time to fix it. The decals were not bad but definitely sized incorrectly in several places. Looking forward to giving it a go in 32nd next time.

15 hours ago, Specter1075 said:

And here I am still working on the 2017 demo! Awesome work!

How did you get access to the real deal? Do you know someone on the demo team?

I was the West Coast engine tech on the team.

17 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Wow that's, um, very Canadian! How was the Kinetic CF-18 for you?

It was decent. Found the nose a bit fiddly. Intakes and rear fuselage didn't go together easily, but I have some ideas for the next one. I do like the separate flight controls, landing gear and most of the detail. Overall I was happy with how it turned out.

14 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Those Canadian never go half-way with their presentation schemes.  It saddens me the USAF nabobs have sticks up their rectums.

Yeah this is only over the last few years. It used to be like this many years ago with full colour schemes for the sir show season but then the upper mucky mucks decided this was too much money I guess. So the air show schemes became painted tails only. This lasted for several years but now it looks like it is back to full paint schemes.

• 2 weeks later...