Hobby Boss 1/32 B-24J/D Liberator

I am tempted as I think an assembly ship in that scale will be super cool. However as others have said, WAAAAY too big. I already have a couple of the Monogram kits and I think I am all good to go. Also, I am a 1/48th builder so I think I will stick to my scale.

As an aside I would think Hobby Boss will issue multiple versions of this to maximize the return on investment and can you imagine a Privateer in this scale? Awesome.

I like 1/32 and I will probably grab one eventually. I've always wanted to do this Liberator:

Image result for B-24 Liberator The Bitch Sister

Cool slogan, girly art and a shark mouth... what's not to like!

But I have a 1/32 He-219, He-111, and Ju-88 waiting patiently for me along with a dozen other WWII fighters as well as 1/32 jets galore...so I'm in no rush LOL!

Should be good kits though!

Regards,

Don

4 hours ago, Don said:

I like 1/32 and I will probably grab one eventually. I've always wanted to do this Liberator:

Image result for B-24 Liberator The Bitch Sister

Cool slogan, girly art and a shark mouth... what's not to like!

But I have a 1/32 He-219, He-111, and Ju-88 waiting patiently for me along with a dozen other WWII fighters as well as 1/32 jets galore...so I'm in no rush LOL!

Should be good kits though!

Regards,

Don

4Iaa6BW.jpg

8Qfgu1K.jpg

I want to do 80 Days.

eFITMVB.jpg

ykUFaWj.jpg

Mike

Cool pictures, especially bad girl's Sister (<<<lol on the auto correct for B---- Sister)  :thumbsup:! Thanks for posting them.

Regards,

Don

Edited by Don

I read on another forum that Hobbycraft may have botched the cross section of the wing.  The Davis airfoil has a pretty pronounced curvature, which is especially evident where the wing meets the fuselage.   I haven seen any pics that really show this area in detail, is anyone else aware of this potential issue?

As cool as it is, I'll pass, I just have no room for something that size. I still need to figure nout where to put the two 1/48 monogram kits I have! I'll enjoy looking at all the builds though.

Now if someone came out with just a kit of the nose/cockpits of the B-17/24/25 in 1/32, I'd be all over those, as I could do a bunch just to display different nose art!

• 1 month later...