1:48 Phantom FGR2 XV408 92Sqn

I loved building this as part of my model clubs group build: T101 (101 years of Tangmere Airfield). XV408 is currently resident at Tangmere Military Aircraft Museum, which is home to my club: Tangmere Sector Modellers IPMS. It is being lovingly restored to its most famous 'blue' scheme that 92Sqn had done in homage to the blue Hunters that the Squadron used for their display team.

This is the Hasegawa 'blue special' kit with Aires resin cockpit, Radar, electronics bay, allycat seamless intakes, scratch built parachute compartment (and other bits). Painted with Vallejo Model Air insignia blue.

101 will be at Scale Model World, so please come and see us.

2018-10-15_08-34-58

2018-10-15_08-39-34

2018-10-15_08-36-06

2018-10-15_08-37-32

2018-10-15_08-41-47

This is an awesome build!!!  I have a general question about the F-4, I guess, hoping someone can answer.  With the nose cone being hinged like that, it does not look like there would be enough clearance for it to swing shut.  And then after I typed that, I wondered if this is representing everything being pulled forward for maintenance or something.  

1 hour ago, JesusNut said:

This is an awesome build!!!  I have a general question about the F-4, I guess, hoping someone can answer.  With the nose cone being hinged like that, it does not look like there would be enough clearance for it to swing shut.  And then after I typed that, I wondered if this is representing everything being pulled forward for maintenance or something.  

Not sure if it is extended  or just a scale issue to be honest. I do know they do extend out for servicing

2 hours ago, R Spreckley said:

Not sure if it is extended  or just a scale issue to be honest. I do know they do extend out for servicing

That mkles perfect sense then.  I guess I always assumed the nose cone would be pulled off to access the front and panels would be removed for access further back.  Learn something new everyday.  Thank you sir, both for the information and inspiration!

Edited by JesusNut
  • 5 months later...
On 10/18/2018 at 5:17 AM, R Spreckley said:

Thanks  everyone 

I know I am late to the party, but wow, that is yet another stunner from you, I bow in respect and awe. What scale is this anyway, too me, it looks like 1/12 scale (seriously its that detailed). I will be in awe at 32, falling over at 35th, calling 911 if 48 scale, and my wife will inform you of my early passing if the kit is 72nd. Finally, if the scale is 1/144,I will roll right out of my coffin and surprise everyone at my funeral!

On 10/17/2018 at 7:39 AM, JesusNut said:

That mkles perfect sense then.  I guess I always assumed the nose cone would be pulled off to access the front and panels would be removed for access further back.  Learn something new everyday.  Thank you sir, both for the information and inspiration!

I love your nickname, are you a pilot? Most people wouldn't not know what Jesus nut means, they would grab their kids and run for the door thinking they are going to consumed in unwanted solicitation to join a cult.

Those who do know what it means, are either modeller or pilots. Sadly, I am only the former, but have had a few rides in UH-60's, compliments of Uncle Sam and the US Army! That is a fun ride, nap of the earth in near pitch black, talk about a stomach churner!

Cheers,

Anthony Stalker6recon D'Agostino

20 minutes ago, Stalker6recon said:

I know I am late to the party, but wow, that is yet another stunner from you, I bow in respect and awe. What scale is this anyway, too me, it looks like 1/12 scale (seriously its that detailed). I will be in awe at 32, falling over at 35th, calling 911 if 48 scale, and my wife will inform you of my early passing if the kit is 72nd. Finally, if the scale is 1/144,I will roll right out of my coffin and surprise everyone at my funeral!

Not at all, it's 1:48

1 hour ago, Stalker6recon said:

I love your nickname, are you a pilot? Most people wouldn't not know what Jesus nut means, they would grab their kids and run for the door thinking they are going to consumed in unwanted solicitation to join a cult.

Those who do know what it means, are either modeller or pilots. Sadly, I am only the former, but have had a few rides in UH-60's, compliments of Uncle Sam and the US Army! That is a fun ride, nap of the earth in near pitch black, talk about a stomach churner!

Cheers,

Anthony Stalker6recon D'Agostino

Nope, only a modeller.  But I did stay at Holiday Inn Express last night! 😁..Dad was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam, so that's where I got it from.  With that being said, my faith is also very important to me, so a double meaning so to speak.  

46 minutes ago, JesusNut said:

But I did stay at Holiday Inn Express last night! 

I forgot about those commercials! Nice one, glad the double meaning works for you, we need more religion these days, moral decay is no laughing matter.

Cheers

22 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

Don't know how I missed this one! Great looking Phantom!

Cheers...Ron

While I love what he can do with a kit, good or bad, it is something to aim for. That being said, for the foreseeable future, I bet his worst aircraft is still way better than my best. He definitely has a talent/calling for modelling.

In awe,

Anthony

On 10/16/2018 at 8:32 PM, JesusNut said:

Spot on..The radar retracts