1/48 Tamiya F-14A VF-142

Thanks a lot all. The paint and weathering (which, more will be done) is admittedly not that realistic. But at the rate I build nowadays, I just can't bring myself to building a clean jet, hence all these artistic deviations. More pictures:

IMG_9447.JPG

IMG_9448.JPG

IMG_9464.JPG

IMG_9465.JPG

IMG_9476.JPG

IMG_9494.JPG

Edited by Janissary
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you all. I think I am nearing the finish line! Still some weathering needs to be done, and I have several parts to paint/assemble. Some of the painting is fictitious but I will keep going as is. Overall, it's a tremendous kit. I just have been taking my time with it, e.g., not liking what I did and redoing quite a bit, with minimal added value TBH.

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

Edited by Janissary

Thank you very much all! I am now trying to decide how to go about more weathering and dirt. It looks too clean, too bland. How do I do this without screwing up the whole model is what I have been pondering. In addition to regular oils applied with a brush, I plan to experiment with airbrushing thinned oils and give them shape with a brush. I hope it goes well. 

A few final pictures before the end of the build. I added some more weathering to the bottom and top with oils, pastels, and pencils. I will weather the inflatable bags a little bit more and add faint sweep marks. I will also add some more grime to the engine covers by the nozzles.  

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

10 hours ago, Janissary said:

A few final pictures before the end of the build. I added some more weathering to the bottom and top with oils, pastels, and pencils. I will weather the inflatable bags a little bit more and add faint sweep marks. I will also add some more grime to the engine covers by the nozzles.  

IMG_0353.JPG

Thank You!!! I've been trying to think of an easy way to make the wear markings on that area. What a beautifully simple solution. :yahoo:

Excellent work !! I really like the little differences you added by making the one Phoenix pallet a different color and also the color variations on the missiles.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"