1/48 Tamiya F-14A VF-142

How accurate do you want to be? It's an absolutely gorgeous build. There's one thing missing, though. Since you have the ECM blisters under the wing gloves, you also need one on the beaver tail next to the fuel dump. Quickboost makes a part, but it contains the whole piece, so you'd have to redo that whole area. Steel Beach has a separate part that glues on, but needs just a bit of filling, since it's meant for multiple manufacturer's kits. I don't sell the piece separately, but if you want, I can mail it to you if you want to put it on. Let me know.

Thank you Darren. I had that in mind very early in the build but somehow it escaped my attention later on. I would have liked to add it, but I fear it will require some work to look like a part of the original construction/paint. I think I will leave it as is and keep this in mind for my next Tomcat. 

Awesome build. Love the cockpit, great paintjob and weathering. One thing though, I've never seen missiles painted in such a way. Always figured they were partially assembled, i.e. body was one-piece, and only the fins were added. It does add interest to a one color aircraft, but is it a common occurence?

On 1/26/2020 at 6:29 AM, Thadeus said:

Awesome build. Love the cockpit, great paintjob and weathering. One thing though, I've never seen missiles painted in such a way. Always figured they were partially assembled, i.e. body was one-piece, and only the fins were added. It does add interest to a one color aircraft, but is it a common occurence?

Thank you! I hear you with the ordnance. I am not sure if it was common occurrence, but I wanted some variation and asymmetry overall, and I was going with what I saw here and a few other places: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/304360-aim-9-question/ The various sections I created may not be physically accurate though (e.g., color change across a normally a single component).

2 hours ago, marcopreto said:

:thumbsup:

Great trick to mark the wing area that gets inside the fuselage!

Cheers

Marco Preto

http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com

Thank you. Glad it might be helpful.