Su-30SM 'Flanker-H' in 2019!

Zvezda released some CAD renderings on social media of their next Flanker kit in 1:72, the much wanted for Su-30SM. The TVC and canard equiped -30 line will appeal to many modellers, being used, besides the Russia, in India (30MKI), Malaysia (30MKM) and Algeria (30MKA), as well as carrying some cool prototype markings. Expected release is 2019.

44098731_10217156464334496_1484967741247

Fk0WbCDdU0c-600x379.jpg

gw3DEcrjbH4-600x334.jpg

K3NPp88xuTQ-600x236.jpg

j9yUogRY1qU-600x378.jpg

pVPXZMRu_Vs-600x304.jpg

yVPCfkxG7tw-600x457.jpg

13 hours ago, beingthehero said:

If Kotey is reading this, what markings do you have planned for the kit? I imagine one of the Flankers that took part in Syria is a given!

I'm read - but this model is only in develope,  we didn't discuss list of markings yet. But anyway it will be several RuAF schemes, i hope Su-30SM from Syria too. Malazina, Indian, Algerian - i'm afrain will not include - its have different stencils.

And BTW - model still in design, weapon list not finally yet.

If Zvezda has any sense (and they seem to be pretty sensible) they wont be making T-10M. It is not a Su-27 with canards on, it would basically need to be designed and tooled from scratch.

That's a shame about Zvezda not doing any Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA etc variants - a missed marketing opportunity I think.

Apart from the MAWS/LWA systems on the MKM..........

su-30_035.jpg

.... the airframes aren't that different.

You would probably need different cockpit panels (decals) and of course colour schemes (and decals) - but you could get at least FOUR variants out of the one set of moulds...

Shame.

Ken

PS - FWIW, my conversion of the Heller Su-27UB into an MKI & MKM are here.

su-30_052.jpg

I also did a Su-30SM using the Trumpeter Su-30MKK .....

Su-30sm_024.JPG

Decals kindly supplied by Kotey :worship: - full build here .

Too bad that if Zvezda from RUSSIA does not produce SU-35/37 and SU-30MK/MKI... Because one day, another will do it ...For example : Modelsvit, A & A or a Chinese manufacturer ... Why not Hasegawa for "yellow 13" 🙄

Edited by neffan01

As long as that producer supplies decals - for all 3 variants...India, Malaysia and Algeria.

I used decals from my spares box for the MKI and Zotz decals for the MKM - but they are now difficult to obtain.

It would be good if you could do all the versions Kotey .......:pray::pray:   - even if Zvezda don't do the kit.

Ken

I'm start work about two decals - "Su-30s from Irkutsk" and "Su-30s from Komsomilsk", but one small priblem - i have nothing about stencil for all export Su-30s - so it will  markings and stencil for RuAF aircrafts  and only markings for export aircrafts.

This is fantastic news, I can't wait to get my hands on these. My only sorrow is that Zvezda molded the top half of their Su-33 in one piece instead of split like the Su-27SM (and most likely this kit) - it will probably take much more surgery than I'm willing to attempt to do a proper Tomcatski with a tandem cockpit and folding wings....

I do hope a non-canard Su-30 with the refuelling probe and offset IRST is in the cards at some point. 

15 hours ago, bartkoh said:

I highly recommend the Su-30MKM conversion set from Naz Model Art
https://www.facebook.com/nmascalemodelszone

That's for an 1/48 scale kit (haven't checked which one), it will definitely not fit this one. Also, at the moment the only kind of aftermarket products I'd expect to even fit this kit would be weapons, since it can most likely be safely assumed that it will have the same stores stations as the Su-33 and Su-27SM kits, anything else is pretty much up in the air at this point, especially since the Su-27UB twin-seater isn't out yet AFAIK. 

2 hours ago, SebastianP said:

That's for an 1/48 scale kit (haven't checked which one), it will definitely not fit this one. Also, at the moment the only kind of aftermarket products I'd expect to even fit this kit would be weapons, since it can most likely be safely assumed that it will have the same stores stations as the Su-33 and Su-27SM kits, anything else is pretty much up in the air at this point, especially since the Su-27UB twin-seater isn't out yet AFAIK. 

Actualy, Naza also makes 1:72 conversion for Trumpeters Su-30MKK.

• 1 month later...