Su-30SM 'Flanker-H' in 2019!

18 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Good news for the 1/72 Modeller. Mean while............us 1/48 and 1/32 modellers are not seeing the love.

Hoping for an eventual Great Wall Hobby one. If you look at their F-15 and Mig-29 models, they go for the *whole* family and do not shy to have new molds! :) This was the main reason for my excitement when I heard their Su-35 release. I knew we will at least get vanilla Su-27. We will have our 1/48 canard flanker. Well, we have the Su-33/J-15 but in addition to those 😉 Actually, the most desirable one for me is the "old" Su-35, single seat canard one. It had I think 2 examples build. One in desert camo the other one in blue. I would love to build that one. 

18 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Actually, the most desirable one for me is the "old" Su-35, single seat canard one. It had I think 2 examples build. One in desert camo the other one in blue. I would love to build that one. 

IIRC, there were 15 T10M/Su-35 built  - 701 to 712 plus a 'pre-production' batch of 3.

Of the above, 711 became the TVC equipped Su-37 'Terminator' (later reverting to a 'Su-35' without the TVC engines).

The 3 'pre-production' Su-35's (Bort Red 86/87/88) went to Akhtubinsk for service trails - later they plus 2 of the earlier batch were repainted in 'Russian Knights' colours and coded 1/2/3/4/5 - although they never flew a public demo with the team.

Ken

5 hours ago, Flankerman said:

IIRC, there were 15 T10M/Su-35 built  - 701 to 712 plus a 'pre-production' batch of 3.

Of the above, 711 became the TVC equipped Su-37 'Terminator' (later reverting to a 'Su-35' without the TVC engines).

The 3 'pre-production' Su-35's (Bort Red 86/87/88) went to Akhtubinsk for service trails - later they plus 2 of the earlier batch were repainted in 'Russian Knights' colours and coded 1/2/3/4/5 - although they never flew a public demo with the team.

Ken

15? wow. I had no idea that many produced. I thought the couple were just Su-27 converts. I had no idea there was production line for the type. Anyhow this is the one I would love build. I wanted to use a kietic su-33+academy su-27 etc and make a conversion but didn't dare to start 🙂

su-35-serial-710-46.jpg

8 hours ago, Flankerman said:

Ken

Ken, loved your website with the actual builds, but it seems to be no longer active. In it you had incredible reference as well.