Huey Firefly/Nighthawk conversion?

Hey all, 

Does anyone do a Firefly/Nighthawk conversion in 1:48?  I’ve been asked to build a particular Huey and need to figure out how to do the light cluster.  Minigun and .50 cal mounts aren’t too difficult, but that light cluster and mount is gonna be murder.  

Thanks!

Jon

I did something like that  a few years ago, mostly from scratch or by bringing separate aftermarket sets together. I am not aware of an all inclusive nighthawk set. I used the CMK interior and engine set, Cobra Company M134 miniguns, and the rest I made myself.  I discovered in my research two different styles of  search lights were used.  One was a cluster of smaller lights  and the other one was the searchlight from an M48 tank.  I went with the M48 light, which I scratch built using a section of a reconnaissance pod from a 1/72 SU-17 kit that I had in my spares box.  A Google search for "vietnam huey nighthawk" will bring up a bunch of pics for you to look through.  Also,  below is a link to my wip pics.  Hope this helps!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24647609@N05/albums/72157649866365249/page1

Cheers!

-Ramon

Thanks Ramon!

The particular bird I’m looking to build had the C-130 landing light cluster.  I’ve gotta order some LiveResin miniguns anyhow, and I’ve already got a .50 cal on hand. I guess I’m scratchbuilding the lights!

Jon