Flightline Engineering 1/48 B-29 Detail set

6 hours ago, Craig5 said:

Can your Aunt contact him to see what the minimuim orders he needs to make new molds and start casting again. I would like to know to satisfy my curiosity and let others know. lt's frustrating to find a product and wanting to order it and it's not available.

Hi Craig,

That’s a really good idea. I will certainly ask auntie Gwen to e-mail Mark to find out about your enquiry. Then again, perhaps it were wise that Mark could read the replies on this thread by himself - somebody told me he’s an active member on ARC.

Yes, indeed; I suffered not having been able to place an order for this set. Then I learnt that the casting of new sets depended on making new sets of moulds, which in turn depends on whether or not it’s monetarily viable for Mark.

6 hours ago, Craig5 said:

Is he keeping track of  all those interested in buying a set? He should be taking pre-orders and letting potential buyers know on his website how many orders he needs before he makes new sets. I let the Grumpy Old  Scale Modellers Group know about this set and some are asking questions about this set. With Christmas  coming up and I've been seeing a lot of B-29 kits on Ebay and Amazon for purchase; it would be in Marks best interest in getting a new set of molds made and have resin sets available for sale on Ebay and Amazon. He could even divide the Big setup into smaller ones for those who do not want a big set. He needs to do some Marketing to get the word out about his product.

I think he does, at least, this is the whole purpose of this thread. I concur that it’d be great if the different parts which comprise the set could be bought separately, but I also understand that it’d somewhat be complicated for Mark to sell the remaining parts - I don’t know.

For instance, I’d love to get the lower nacelle halves, turbo-superchargers and the Double-Cyclone engines, as I’ve got all of the Cutting Edge correction sets there was available to the Monogram B-29 kit but, even though, right now I’d sell all of those sets in order to get Mark’s whole set instead.

I do think that it might help if all of those interested Grumpy Old Scale Modellers in the group would e-mail Mark individually to the e-mail address provided above, just to let him learn of their interest in purchasing the set - the more, the merrier.

Up to now, only the 4 engine set could be purchased separately from the set, so I think more parts could be sold separately as well if the interest arose, I guess. That’s up to Mark.

Incidentally; and this is not with regard to the Flightline Engineering set, but have you checked the Metallic Details photoetched flap set for the Monogram 1/48 Superfortress? It’s just awesome as well! Much better and lighter in weight than the heavier resin-made Paragon set. I’m really excited about it. Highly recommended.

Cheers Craig, and thank you for your interest once again. Will inform of any news I come across with.

Onigiri

On 10/18/2018 at 7:05 AM, Doppelgänger said:

My point in starting this thread is to make you acquainted with this incredible set in order that public interest increases to sufficient level so Mark completes new molds and casts new sets. Perhaps most of you were not aware of the existence of such an excellent set - I was not, even though I'm a huge fan of the B-29, which I got in 1/48th scale.

I heard about his products a while ago. Really impressive are the other sets too. The P-61 set would be nice, and the F-11C/BFC-2 update set is another one that the molds are spent.  I would like to have for the old Lindberg kit.
Thanks for refreshing my memory about his stuff.

Alan

4 hours ago, SinisterVampire319 said:

I heard about his products a while ago. Really impressive are the other sets too. The P-61 set would be nice, and the F-11C/BFC-2 update set is another one that the molds are spent.  I would like to have for the old Lindberg kit.
Thanks for refreshing my memory about his stuff.

Hi Alan!

Thanks a lot for posting your input on this thread.

Wow, how long ago did you learn about the Flightline Engineering sets? Unfortunately, I learnt about FE just a couple of months ago. 

Indeed! Mr Buchler stated that he is to devise further sets for many different kits, so if they're as impressive as the set for the B-29, then he's bound to success. Off the top of my head, I wish he would devise a detail set for the Monogram 1/48 B-17 and B-25 kits as well.

Cheers Alan,

Onigiri

12 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Hi Alan!

Thanks a lot for posting your input on this thread.

Wow, how long ago did you learn about the Flightline Engineering sets? Unfortunately, I learnt about FE just a couple of months ago. 

Indeed! Mr Buchler stated that he is to devise further sets for many different kits, so if they're as impressive as the set for the B-29, then he's bound to success. Off the top of my head, I wish he would devise a detail set for the Monogram 1/48 B-17 and B-25 kits as well.

Cheers Alan,

Onigiri

Earlier this year or late last year. Can't remember getting old now, memory failing......:dontknow:

12 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

I wish he would devise a detail set for the Monogram 1/48 B-17 and B-25 kits as well.

That would be cool! Also the Monogram A-26 would be nice too.

I contacted Brian at Resin2Detail about any propellers available for the B-29. He did not.

If there was enough of interest, he would make some resin parts for the B-29. 

I think he has resin exhausts for this bomber. I emailed him that I would like to see

correct cowlings and props created. If anyone has an interest in resin parts made,

contact Brian at Resin2Detail and tell him what you like to see made.

Craig

I think that resin exhaust pipes and cowlings would be a big plus for this model. The exhaust pipes that are supplied with the kit are a total joke. Also, weights to keep the nose down would be nice.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:40 PM, SinisterVampire319 said:

getting old now, memory failing......:dontknow:

Alan, you're not old but experienced.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:54 AM, Craig5 said:

I contacted Brian at Resin2Detail about any propellers available for the B-29. He did not.

Craig, if they're the Hamilton Standard uncuffed screws you're after, I've ordered mine from Revell. My boxing of the Monogram kit is the Big, Bad and Beautiful series, and it didn't bring them.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:54 AM, Craig5 said:

If there was enough of interest, he would make some resin parts for the B-29. 

I think he has resin exhausts for this bomber. I emailed him that I would like to see

correct cowlings and props created. If anyone has an interest in resin parts made,

contact Brian at Resin2Detail and tell him what you like to see made.

In all honesty, I'd be better of with Mark Buchler's whole set than with some new ones.

On 12/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, Johnny_K said:

I think that resin exhaust pipes and cowlings would be a big plus for this model. The exhaust pipes that are supplied with the kit are a total joke. Also, weights to keep the nose down would be nice.

John, Brian from Resin2Detail has a good set of  exhaust pipes, with PE for the grids and all.

I plan to stick my kit's nose gear wheels to the tarmac by using magnets, as I fear adding additional weight to an already heavy kit would make the axles on the struts collapse.

Cheers

Onigiri

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Johnny_Sokko said:

Hello all.

The B-29 Super Update Kit is now back in production. Thank you for your patience. Please see my website for pricing and ship times: www.flightlineengineering.com

Kind regards-

Mark

Order in!!!

Corey in Colorado