Fightertown Decals New Tomcat sheets out

On 10/28/2018 at 1:07 AM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I really really wish that would be the case... but I just don't see a market that will validate a print run. Talked to distributors and where they normally buy 150-250 sheets, 1/144 wouldn't yield more than 20-30 sheets. The cost of production would be higher than 1/144 due to the small size and difficulty of printing. 

I understand Brian. Felipe, from FCM, has faced the same problem here in Brazil. I'm saddened. 

I have a project to assemble one of each squadron that flew the Tomcat. I chose the 1/144 scale for the costs, space required, quality from Revell and Trumpeter kits and the number of decals available. To get an idea, there are almost 150 decals on the market and at least 50 other decals in the kit boxes: impressive over 300 possible versions! But some squadrons did not appear in 1/144 or they are long out of production in this scale:

1-    VF-51 Screaming Eagles – OOP  from Interallied

2-    VF-103 Sluggers – there is a version on Hobbycraft kit but the decals are……. green!

3-    VF-191 Satan´s Kittens

4-    VF-194 Red Lightnings

5-    VF-201 Hunters

6-    VF-202 Superheats

7-    VF-301 Devil´s Disciples

8-    VF-302 Stallions

To my project, I have produced homemade of Eagles, Sluggers, Hunters and Devils. I have the VF-1 Wolfpack first cruise from Fightertown decals (FTD) and I am looking for VF-31 last flight ceremony, from FTD, sold out on 144-08 decal sheet.

Well, since there are no FTD and FCM releases at this time, I am supplying my needs with MYK and Rose Ridge.

Regards,

Daniel

Edited by mouseeaters

Hi,

Great to see that these sheets are out, Brian.:thumbsup:

Not that it matters a lot (since I have a couple on pre-order from another seller), but I can't log in to the Fightertown decals site.

I don't remember my password . When I click on the site's "forgotten password" button and then enter my e-mail and click "next", I get this error message:

Notice: Error: EHLO not accepted from server! in /home/mhazcom/public_html/fightertowndecals/system/library/mail.php on line 199

I never got an e-mail with my password, not when the sheets were just out and not today.

I tried registering with another E-mail address, but that also yielded an error message. 

Maybe the problem occurs just for me, but maybe there are other returning customers like that and you're wondering why sales  from the site aren't going too well.

Cheers, Stefan.

Yep. Well aware of the problem. But the host and customer service has no idea what/why or how to fix it. It's not cool and other than enabling and suggesting that people check out as a guest, I don't know if there's a fix. It's definitely had a bad impact on sales. Free decals to whoever can fix it?... 

On 11/1/2018 at 4:20 PM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Yep. Well aware of the problem. But the host and customer service has no idea what/why or how to fix it. It's not cool and other than enabling and suggesting that people check out as a guest, I don't know if there's a fix. It's definitely had a bad impact on sales. Free decals to whoever can fix it?... 

Are our orders secure, do you still know who paid and are waiting for their decals?

The website not sending password emails has NOTHING to do with orders or any security or ordering or peoples orders. 

As for shipping - here's the update from the page:

Shipping Update
This weekend was supposed to be a mass ShipEx, but prior to packing the sheets, we noticed an unfortunate print issue that has caused the need for a complete reprint. Talked with the printers on Fri and they are expecting that we'll have them back the second week of Nov. Good news is nothing went out the door but the bad news is shipping won't take place until we get them back now. Sorry for the inconvenience but we can't release the sheets as is. Everyone's orders are safe and I'll announce as soon as we are ready to ship. Thank you all in advance for your patience and support.

And my additional comments:

The decals were already 2+ months behind schedule. They were supposed to be back from print in August. Cartograf has been working hard to get everything right. According to them, these decals - the data especially are some of the most challenging stuff they can print. Both we and them have worked tirelessly to preserve all the tiny details that make them what they are. It will be worth it when they are on the model!

thanks

brian. 

1 hour ago, zerosystem said:

Thanks for the update Brian.

Me too, thanks. You can disregard the e-mail I sent asking if my order shipped. I know the answer and reason now.

I’d rather that the sheets are correct as opposed to an unnamed company who prints the tail codes to a F-16 aggressor in the wrong color, then when it’s pointed out to them they ignore the mistake. 

Edited by okthree
Missing content

so what happens to the "bad " sheets?  do you have to destroy them? or give them back to cartograf.

I could probably help you get rid of a couple of extra data sheets. just sayin.

I have 3 of the Tamiya D kits in the process of building now. they should be ready for decals in time for the new sheets to arrive.

On 10/28/2018 at 12:45 PM, Sebastijan said:

How about a 1:72 sheet? New tool GWH and Academy kits just around the corner and an excellent FineMolds kits already available, I'm quite certain there's a market for them. Maybe it could also be a joint 1:72/1:144 combo to cut the costs and please all the small scale builders out there? Just a thought.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

10/16 Update. 

As as of today, all orders have been filled and shipped. Including the one that came in 2min ago 😉 

thanks for the patience. I hope you all enjoy the sheets as much as I do putting them out. Thinking about hosting a group build on the Fightertown Decals Facebook page for all 3 Tomcats At War sheets. Any model would be welcome as long as 48083, 48085, 48086 were used. Maybe something along the lines of free decals or models as prizes and maybe even having it hand delivered 😉 

thanks all!

Brian 

2 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Maybe something along the lines of free decals or models as prizes and maybe even having it hand delivered 😉 

Better yet, bring the winner(s) to you. Its cold and grey here in Wisconsin. Sunny Southern California sounds good just about now 😉

• 3 weeks later...

I have just received new Data & Weapons Sheet and have one question.

Regarding screen decals for main monitor of RIO - there are decals with borders only on right, left and botton of this screen, but there is no border on the top of this screen.

Anybody knows why?

photo-2018-12-05-23-21-56.jpg

1 hour ago, Solo said:

This is not about buttons - this is about frame.

There is frame missing on the top of screen decals, as you can see it on my picture.

Look at a photo of a real PTID screen, or look at the Tamiya part the decal is designed to be applied to. There is an overhang at the top of the screen - there’s no frame there on the real screen.