Airbrush customization

Does anyone else like to collect and customize airbrushes?

I really like the Badger 100. I have a badger 100LG, and I wanted to try one with a small cup, the Badger 100 G

2v2Jzg6ddx9awpY.jpg

After I made sure it was working, by spraying water, I added two things which make the airbrush more comfortable for me. 

2v2Jzg65Lx9awpY.jpg

After installing the finger rest, and high roller trigger, I have my customized airbrush, with badger parts from other airbrushes, I call it the Extreme 100g™

2v2Jzg6Ngx9awpY.jpg

Badger has lots of different models, and lots of interchangeable parts, you can come up with all kinds of creations.  

• 1 month later...

and a few more. I received a shipment of parts from USA Airbrush supply

I got this 100GXF from eBay .. it looked awful from blue foam stuck to the plating. It cleaned up easy, and had a good Fine needle setup, so it received the Extreme™ treatment

2v2EEJS1Nx9awpY.jpg

2v2EEJSw8x9awpY.jpg

Lucky me, the finger rest I received was made of brass.  This one has a brass handle so it feels solid and hefty. I like this one. My best guess based on the style of engraving and cup style is late 90 or early 2000s

and my 100 Side feed

2v2EEJSprx9awpY.jpg

Looking at the catalogs, this one could be late 70s.  It was also an ebay find.  It was in good condition, with a good Medium needle setup. It only required a good cleaning. 

I used this one for metallics. It has proven to be a nice airbrush, so it too has received the Extreme™ treatment

2v2EEJScjx9awpY.jpg

This finger rest was plastic, like all the others I have.  For the Side feed, the finger rest is installed backwards, since the nose of this model so short, the finger rest extends past the nozzle.  I saw pictures of an airbrush artist who set up a 100 side feed this way.

I like the finger rest and high roller trigger. It might not be for everyone, but I think it is more comfortable to use. 

Edited by Kurt H.
  • 1 month later...

KurtH,

I have seen you over on the Airbrush forum and have customized quite a few of my brushes. Sadly I don't feel the Badger 100 is worth the effort as unlike the Thayer & Chandler A, does NOT have the regulator head assembly as Badger dumbed down the design. If you would like to get one either I or Dave G can set you up for a reasonable amount. I have 2- an A and an Elite A gravity feed.

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

Edited by Chris the cabbie