New Army Recruiting Ad

I kinda like it.  An army recruiting video showing soldiers (Rangers) in combat?  What a novel concept.  Beats those horrible "Army of One" ads. 

Of course given the poor recruiting numbers, they may be desperate to get kids to sign up these days, given that we've been at war since before some of these recruits were even born.   "Join the Army - we promise you'll be deployed to a combat zone!".   We'll see if this works.  At least the Army can't be accused of misleading advertisements. 

Edited by 11bee
2 hours ago, southwestforests said:

My brother retired as a W4 a couple years ago.

His take on the Army of One;

(desperate voice on the radio) "Fire support! We need fire support! Now!"

(my brother) "Why are you wasting time talking to me, you are an army of one, support yourself."

;D

Here is the all time best Army recruiting ad.  From the 70's when no one wanted to join the military.  

join-you960.jpg

5 hours ago, southwestforests said:

My brother retired as a W4 a couple years ago.

His take on the Army of One;

(desperate voice on the radio) "Fire support! We need fire support! Now!"

(my brother) "Why are you wasting time talking to me, you are an army of one, support yourself."

;D

I my day, he'd best hope he didn't get his butt on the ground on the wrong side of town! They just tell him, he was an Army on one. Then go bag him in a couple days.

Glt

19 hours ago, 11bee said:

I kinda like it.  An army recruiting video showing soldiers (Rangers) in combat?  What a novel concept.  Beats those horrible "Army of One" ads. 

Of course given the poor recruiting numbers, they may be desperate to get kids to sign up these days, given that we've been at war since before some of these recruits were even born.   "Join the Army - we promise you'll be deployed to a combat zone!".   We'll see if this works.  At least the Army can't be accused of misleading advertisements. 

In my opinion, it's about time the Army "went back to basics" instead of making ads confusing them with the Peace Corps.....

On 10/20/2018 at 9:24 AM, 11bee said:

No it's not...it's EA/DICE Battlefield 6 trailer leak.