Pax River TPS T-38A Finished

Fond of the T-38, shared the pattern with them during my flying in Pax River (almost had a mid-air with one as well).

This is the Wolfpack 1/48 kit OOB....well except for the dummy builder who broke the long pitot nose tube putting it on...that is a piece of metal tubing.  Milliput white seat belts.  Fun little kit and recommended.  I'm still frustrated with my canopy work, a problem area for me.  I messed up the front canopy a bit with the glue.  When you stand next to one of these you could eat off of them...the contractor maintenance at TPS did a great job keeping these birds looking good.  I decided not to weather this kit.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN8260.jpg

DSCN8263.jpg

DSCN8264.jpg

DSCN8265.jpg

DSCN8266.jpg

DSCN8269.jpg

DSCN8271.jpg

DSCN8274.jpg

DSCN8275.jpg

Wow love that scheme and your model looks great. Your seat belts also look wonderful and I try to do that with my kits too. I am not a big fan of the PE sets as they look too thin in my mind. Did those markings come in the box?

Sorry hit Submit to soon 🤪

Collin,

You picked a great livery and great subject that some folks overlook sometimes . 

Great job 👍😎

Hope to see more Navy subjects from your table in the future.

Cheers,

Mr.Happy (In name only)

Looks so wonderful. How did you like the kit? I wish I had stuck with mine, I got into working on the rivets (to deepen them) and never survived it due to the extremely closely packed rivets. I had finished the cockpit but nothing else. 

You may have mentioned this in another thread, and others may already know this, but can you share your time in the navy? Years, what aircraft did you fly, etc? 

Decals were great, no real issue.  Just have to be careful with the section around the aux air intakes on the fuselage below the front of the tail.  That can be tricky.  All the decals are thin and settle down really nice with just a tad of setting solution.

Cheers

Collin