Mr.Paint in Canada

I am trying to get some more Mr.paint colours but I am currently out of luck. hobbyworld in the U.S seems to be constantly sold out of the colours I need and MrPaint will not ship to Canada. does anyone have an alternate source ?

thanks for the help guys. I did check Amazon, none there and i will not give ebay any more of my time.

I don't think I will be buying any more Mr.paint until there is a Canadian company selling it. in the meantime I am going to give Mrcolor paints a second shot for my tomcat TPS schemes

10 hours ago, dylan said:

thanks for the help guys. I did check Amazon, none there and i will not give ebay any more of my time.

I don't think I will be buying any more Mr.paint until there is a Canadian company selling it. in the meantime I am going to give Mrcolor paints a second shot for my tomcat TPS schemes

I’m trying to get an Edmonton store to stock Mr. Paint.

Yes, no luck getting anyone to ship to Canada. Except through eBay. I was ordering direct before Mr Paint stopped shipping to us.

Look at a bottle of Tamiya paint in Canada and you will see a new label over the original that complies with Canadian labeling laws. I'm not sure if Tamiya or the Canadian importer does it but it has to be done to sell here. Note that Testors puts English, French and Spanish on their labels from the start to cover North America. Apparently Mr. Paint doesn't view the Canadian market as worthwhile.......

Edited by RCAFFAN
34 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

Look at a bottle of Tamiya paint in Canada and you will see a new label over the original that complies with Canadian labeling laws. I'm not sure if Tamiya or the Canadian importer does it but it has to be done to sell here. Note that Testors puts English, French and Spanish on their labels from the start to cover North America. Apparently Mr. Paint doesn't view the Canadian market as worthwhile.......

Labeling is very complicated.

https://www.latmultilingual.com/3-important-facts-about-canadian-labelling-laws/

In reality the only thing that needs to be French/English is the product identity. Which is often one and the same. The other requirements are the volume must be in metric (numbers are considered bi-lingual) and the place of manufacture can be French or English.

My place of employment imports a lot of chemicals used in the medical world. Most our products are only in English.

What must be bi-lingual is the SDS (Safety Data Sheets) for WHIMIS. Which is what the CRA is looking for at the border. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2018 at 7:12 PM, RCAFFAN said:

I was taking with an employee with Borgfelt, the Canadian Tamiya distributor, he and his wife apply the labels by hand at home watching T.V.

Any updates or MRP availability in Canada?  In particular I’d like  to try the water based line..

Yes, it was shipped by Sprue Bros cheapest internationnal which is picked up by UPS and sent to the border. I only bought 1 bottle and a 1/48 Hasegawa F-8J.

Don

I've used the GSB. It's fantastic. I have my grays on the way now. With MM Acryl going away, this seems like it's going to be my replacement. You can brush paint it as well, and the hue is the same as the sprayed paint. So, if you need to touch up, you can do it with a brush. Adhesion seemed to be better than other acrylics I've tried.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had 2 Sea Blue colors in the Mr. Paint (MRP) line on order with HobbyWorld-USA since January, and I just checked this minute, and noted that both those colors are FINALLY showing in stock!  I just sent Matt (the owner) an e-mail to ask him about the status of my order, and I'm waiting on a reply.  Matt has been very good to work with, and always personally responds to e-mail questions very quickly.  I'm sure I'll hear back this morning.  

I'd still consider using his company to get your MRP paints.

Edited by Curt B
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 8:53 AM, Curt B said:

I've had 2 Sea Blue colors in the Mr. Paint (MRP) line on order with HobbyWorld-USA since January, and I just checked this minute, and noted that both those colors are FINALLY showing in stock!  I just sent Matt (the owner) an e-mail to ask him about the status of my order, and I'm waiting on a reply.  Matt has been very good to work with, and always personally responds to e-mail questions very quickly.  I'm sure I'll hear back this morning.  

I'd still consider using his company to get your MRP paints.

I got an almost immediate, very cordial and apologetic response from Matt to the e-mail I had sent him, and the 2 MRP paint colors I had been waiting for showed up in my mailbox a few days later.  i'm still really happy with the service from Hobby-World USA.

6 hours ago, Curt B said:

I got an almost immediate, very cordial and apologetic response from Matt to the e-mail I had sent him, and the 2 MRP paint colors I had been waiting for showed up in my mailbox a few days later.  i'm still really happy with the service from Hobby-World USA.

Matt's a real gentleman.  I haven't needed any new paints in a while, but when I do, I get them from Matt. Even if I have to wait, he's real good about filling backorders.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, Darren Roberts said:

I've used the GSB. It's fantastic. I have my grays on the way now. With MM Acryl going away, this seems like it's going to be my replacement. You can brush paint it as well, and the hue is the same as the sprayed paint. So, if you need to touch up, you can do it with a brush. Adhesion seemed to be better than other acrylics I've tried.

Darren,

What are you using for a thinner? Their proprietary brand or something else? I presume you are using the acrylic paint vs the lacquer paint.

I'm waiting (impatiently) for Walts to re-open!!!!

Hope you are all well out there.

Bob

2 hours ago, Bob Beary said:

Darren,

What are you using for a thinner? Their proprietary brand or something else? I presume you are using the acrylic paint vs the lacquer paint.

I'm waiting (impatiently) for Walts to re-open!!!!

Hope you are all well out there.

Bob

Believe it or not, MM Acryl thinner seemed to work. I did have a small problem with running it through a fine tip. It started to clog. When I changed to a wider diameter tip, it sprayed just fine. 

How long has he been closed? I've been fortunate enough to have my LHS take phone orders. I pick them up at the door. I also have Sprue Bros. that's still open that I could drive to if absolutely necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

Minor update to this thread (squashing a rumor, mostly).

It has been suggested elsewhere that Express Hobbies in Saskatchewan stock MRP paint.  THEY DO NOT.  I reached out to them and was told that no, they do not stock MPR, nor do they have a distributor for them.

Once again, someone has confused MRP with Mr. Color.  🙄   I guess that whenever you ask about it, you should say "Does anyone sell MRP Paint, the stuff in the Alclad-like bottle?'  Or just, "Does anyone sell this stuff?  IMG_0314-228x228.jpg"

FYI - we can ship the aqua and figure lines of MRP to Canada since they are non-hazardous.  We cannot ship (no reasonable cost shipping method to be specific because of the hazmat requirements) the solvent based MRP outside the US (including Canada) since it is considered hazardous for shipping (yes we think it is bizarre that a 1oz bottle of solvent based paint is a problem despite thousands of gallons of jet fuel on board, but we don't make the rules and regulations).  Anyone shipping the regular solvent based MRP paint to Canada from the US through the mail is doing so illegally.   If caught, they could be subject to big fines.

Sprue Brothers Models LLC

Edited by gkwan