ARC Discussion Forums
dylan

Mr.Paint in Canada

I am trying to get some more Mr.paint colours but I am currently out of luck. hobbyworld in the U.S seems to be constantly sold out of the colours I need and MrPaint will not ship to Canada. does anyone have an alternate source ?

Try Cro-hobby.com. One of the guys in the MRP facebook page said he orders from them and they deliver to him in the US. Id imagine delivering to Canada wouldnt be an issue.  

thanks for the help guys. I did check Amazon, none there and i will not give ebay any more of my time.

I don't think I will be buying any more Mr.paint until there is a Canadian company selling it. in the meantime I am going to give Mrcolor paints a second shot for my tomcat TPS schemes

10 hours ago, dylan said:

thanks for the help guys. I did check Amazon, none there and i will not give ebay any more of my time.

I don't think I will be buying any more Mr.paint until there is a Canadian company selling it. in the meantime I am going to give Mrcolor paints a second shot for my tomcat TPS schemes

I’m trying to get an Edmonton store to stock Mr. Paint.

Yes, no luck getting anyone to ship to Canada. Except through eBay. I was ordering direct before Mr Paint stopped shipping to us.

I’m curious, why won’t MRP ship to Canada?

21 minutes ago, okthree said:

I’m curious, why won’t MRP ship to Canada?

They say CRA is radomly seizing packages and destroying them.

Even the surface shipments.

I asked my LHS about them yesterday. apparently there is an issue with labeling not being Bilingual. the warnings are not in French.

Look at a bottle of Tamiya paint in Canada and you will see a new label over the original that complies with Canadian labeling laws. I'm not sure if Tamiya or the Canadian importer does it but it has to be done to sell here. Note that Testors puts English, French and Spanish on their labels from the start to cover North America. Apparently Mr. Paint doesn't view the Canadian market as worthwhile.......

Edited by RCAFFAN

34 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

Look at a bottle of Tamiya paint in Canada and you will see a new label over the original that complies with Canadian labeling laws. I'm not sure if Tamiya or the Canadian importer does it but it has to be done to sell here. Note that Testors puts English, French and Spanish on their labels from the start to cover North America. Apparently Mr. Paint doesn't view the Canadian market as worthwhile.......

Labeling is very complicated.

https://www.latmultilingual.com/3-important-facts-about-canadian-labelling-laws/

In reality the only thing that needs to be French/English is the product identity. Which is often one and the same. The other requirements are the volume must be in metric (numbers are considered bi-lingual) and the place of manufacture can be French or English.

My place of employment imports a lot of chemicals used in the medical world. Most our products are only in English.

What must be bi-lingual is the SDS (Safety Data Sheets) for WHIMIS. Which is what the CRA is looking for at the border.