Anyone recommend a reliable Ebay seller for the ICM Mig-25?

Hello Brad,

I just recommend you to find a good priced item that suits you and look at the seller’s feedback (search what people said about the packaging, and an overall positive feedback percentage). If the feedback is great (not less than 99.5-99.8%), I think it’s safe for a deal. An ICM MiG-25 boxes is strong, so I think it will be OK.

Cheers! 🙃

Edited by Nikolay Polyakov

I assume you only want the PD version. All the rest are recon(ish) versions. There are a number of the PD kits for sale. Sellers in China, Russia, Ukraine and the US. When getting a kit on eBay I always look at the number of transactions the seller has completed and the overall feedback rating. Then price and then what type of shipping. You can get better deal money wise with some of the China and Ukraine sellers. There are a few US sellers, but their prices are higher. Victory Models is selling one (not the cheapest but free shipping) and they are extremely reputable. I know the owner and he is a stand up guy.

That said, if you do your research and chose wisely, there is nothing to gain by not going with a lower price vendor as long as his feedback is good, has done a fair number of sales, and the shipping is no too onerous (in cost and time to deliver).

23 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

Hannants have 5+ in stock and I bet the posiage would actually be cheaper than from the States and of course very reliable......

I checked. Postage to 53211 USA (where I life) was about $26. So, a little more than what most of the eBay sellers are asking, but the model itself is only $54.31.

18 minutes ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Too bad they don't have a language selection. Google translate works somewhat. If I got the currency right, it translates to $37.11. That's the cheapest I've found. All of the EU web stores I checked price it in the low 40s, dollars, but they all were out of stock.

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

Too bad they don't have a language selection. Google translate works somewhat. If I got the currency right, it translates to $37.11. That's the cheapest I've found. All of the EU web stores I checked price it in the low 40s, dollars, but they all were out of stock.

You are correct at 37 USD. Usually they don't have problems if you write a mail in english, I never had a problem: ask about shipping costs because they are not always on the cheap side for just one kit.

29 minutes ago, Andrea Bolla said:

ask about shipping costs because they are not always on the cheap side for just one kit.

And when the kits arrive, don't be surprised to see that they've put the sprues for all the kits into one box and flattened the empty kit boxes.  It's pretty standard for Eastern European retailers to save on shipping.

I logged into Hannants and checked price to Canada being $86.21 Canadian or $66.21 U.S. including postage and I have ordered about 40 times from Hannants and always got the package in great condition in no more than 2 weeks. Postage was $20.95 U.S or $27.44 Canadian. What would be the postage from a US dealer to Victoria Canada where Brad is?

P.S. My experience is that stuff from Ukraine takes at least six weeks (if not more) to get to Canada.... 

Edited by RCAFFAN
2 minutes ago, MoFo said:

And when the kits arrive, don't be surprised to see that they've put the sprues for all the kits into one box and flattened the empty kit boxes.  It's pretty standard for Eastern European retailers to save on shipping.

Never experienced this without having been asked for.

20 hours ago, Brad-M said:

Guys,

I want to get a 1/48 Mig-25 from ICM. Sprue is out and Squadron only has the Recce, so I am looking for a reliable source from Ebay.

TIA

Brad

Well, you can get it from here:
https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/mig-25-pd-soviet-interceptor-fighter/ICM00048903/product.php?kw=MIG-25

Edit: It is now out of stock, sorry. It was in stock a few minutes back.

HobbyEasy in HK has it on sale:
https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/pavzlfxpko3vle0mjvso.html

NOTE: I know you said Ebay but both of the seller mentioned above are reputable ones, and I have used their services for years without problems.

Edited by nachjager

well I know 2 hobby shops in Vancouver have them in stock.

I would recommend the Hobbyeasy route. Hannants looks like a good deal but every time I order from them i get dinged with duty . the last few kits from hobbyeasy have gotten to me in 3-4 days and no duty to pay.  anything from Europe will get to "Canada" in 3-4 days and then spend a couple of weeks on a truck from Brampton to the west coast.

Dylan...there is no duty on models coming into Canada.......As it is a european kit, I didn't think of Hobbyeasy but they are certainly great to deal with too. Last time from them I ordered on a Friday night and had it by the next Friday so go with them if it works.....

3 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

Dylan...there is no duty on models coming into Canada.......As it is a european kit, I didn't think of Hobbyeasy but they are certainly great to deal with too. Last time from them I ordered on a Friday night and had it by the next Friday so go with them if it works.....

well tell that to CRA. I had to pay duty on a Hobbyboss Su-27.

as for hobbyeasy, I ordered on saturday night they shipped monday the package was sitting at my door tonight...awesome stuff right there.

34 minutes ago, dylan said:

well tell that to CRA. I had to pay duty on a Hobbyboss Su-27.

If they called it customs duty then they cheated you and ripped you off and you should have asked to talk to a supervisor. I have had to pay a mailperson G.S.T. and fee on package from States (not a model) but never duty ....Never had to pay for anything extra as to Hobbyeasy orders and they come from out of country too and assume you haven't either...

Edited by RCAFFAN
34 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

If they called it customs duty then they cheated you and ripped you off and you should have asked to talk to a supervisor. I have had to pay a mailperson G.S.T. and fee on package from States (not a model) but never duty ....Never had to pay for anything extra as to Hobbyeasy orders and they come from out of country too and assume you haven't either...

never had to pay anything on orders from Hong kong.  just Hannants and cult tvman.  not sure if it was duty or not (i dont remember exactly, likely GST then) but it was about $15  on a $150 order. it was a customs form requiring me to pay before I could get my package.

Edited by dylan

Sounds like GST plus the $5.00 collection fee that some people get dinged sometimes...while legal it hardly ever seems to be enforced and bad luck.....

Edited by RCAFFAN

HI

I ordered my ICM MiG25RB from the Ukraine because it was cheapest price I saw and it arrived safe and sound.   If you wanna go ESlay try Milia_3 or Auroramodelshop.

FYI, you do not pay customs fees on kits.  You pay GST/PST/HST PLUS a handling fee. 

Tom

I am not sure if it could have gotten them cheaper, but I got a PD and a RBF for $57.00 each shipped to the USA form Ukraine with a 10% off coupon yesterday.

I wast tempted to let the deal go, but I could not resist.

Juan

On 10/24/2018 at 9:09 AM, Brad-M said:

Guys,

I want to get a 1/48 Mig-25 from ICM. Sprue is out and Squadron only has the Recce, so I am looking for a reliable source from Ebay.

TIA

Brad

You do know Revell reboxed the ICM kit and it can be found for less in Canada that route?

I saw one in Edmonton for $64.99, I’m kicking myself I didn’t buy it when I saw it, it is gone now.