late 109G-10 Regensburg decals 1/48?

Hello all

I currently have a couple of BF109s in the making. F4 yellow 14 is getting decaled already but my very old Hasegawa G-10 is stalled since I do not have fitting decals. The kit decals from 1999 are not usable any more, they turned very yellow...apart from being super thick and the white 44 not being a G-10 .

I also have the latest release of the Revell G-10, bought it for the decals alone, but those it turnes out are for a Erla G-10 which,  as we all know, has a completely different engine cowling and oil cooler. Erla's also seem to have had (mostly/all?) the smaller wheels and wing buldges. So I am now looking for decals for this kit. I so far only found "Rosemarie" decals, a bird that was documenetd when it landed at Neubiberg in May45. Does anybody have more suggestions on where to get decals for a Regensburg G-10 with the larger wheels? My G-10 kit also does NOT have the battery box behind the pilot's head!

thanks

Uwe

PS: The Eduard kit has very nice decals...all for planes with the earlier wheels/wings 😞

• 1 month later...

Regensburg only produced about 123 G-10s all with small wing bulges before turning production attention to the development and series production of the K-4.  The Revel/Monogram kit seems to depict a WNF produced G-10 with WNF's distinctive large wing bulges and short tail wheel.  Most of the WNF production stayed in the east serving with JG-51 and JG-52.  Markings for these units, during the early 1945 time period can be sourced from generic decal sheets.  Most of the unit markings consisted of the national insignia and the aircraft number along with the yellow tactical markings used in that area.  Japo published two very good references on Bf-109 Over Czech Territory that pretty well covers this issue.  HTH, Dave.