What's the deal with the AFV Club 1/48 F-5 series

So as the title says, what's the deal with the AFV Club F-5 series of fighters. Seems like they are getting hard to find. I only have one, the F-5E and wanted to pick up the F-5F but now it seems to be hard to find. There are a couple on ebay but wow not cheap and with shipping to Canada a little out of my price range. Even Lucky Model is completely out of stock. In fact none of the AFV Club issues are available from them.

I wonder if they have just stopped producing them for a bit and maybe some time in the future you will see them once again? I guess this just goes to show you should buy the kit when you see it and not wait. I do that for resin but never thought I would have to do so for kits, especially for something so popular.

Oh well I will keep looking and to be honest it is not as if I have nothing else to build in the mean time.

I noticed the same thing. I just got one of the TopGun Mig-28 boxings of the F-5N for a very reasonable price. Obviously not going to do a "Mig-28". Will pickup some Furball decals for it. But like you said, they usually go for an arm and leg when they do show up. I have seen the Academy boxing of the KF-5E around for slightly lower prices. Saw the Singapore version on eBay too. That's about it.

Time for AFV to do another production run.

Search for Academy KF-5's and you will find lots at reasonable pricing. Academy reboxed the AFV kits with Korean markings. If you anyway are going with aftermarket decals, the boxing doesn't matter 

4 hours ago, Niels said:

Search for Academy KF-5's and you will find lots at reasonable pricing. Academy reboxed the AFV kits with Korean markings. If you anyway are going with aftermarket decals, the boxing doesn't matter 

Ok thanks for that. Forgot that Academy had done that. Will look at that option.