The kit wheels as good as any. Don’t see any problems with them. All Foxbat versions used the same wheels so there is no need for anything extra here.

Of course there are some aftermarkets available and if someone has some extra money, why not spend it on them.

Best regards

Gabor

On 10/31/2018 at 4:10 PM, ya-gabor said:

Here is a bit of work to see what the nose is like. A complete rubdown of the nose was made with wet and dry followed by a wash. A semi matt surface will be a little better for adhesion of the primer grey. We will see (if I build this at all, there are so many other things to do).

EGoVjwY.jpg

Hi Gabor!

What grade of grain wet & dry sandpaper is this rubbing being made with, exactly?

Cheers,

Onigiri

20 minutes ago, solher1 said:

Still debating between waiting for a possible ICM Mig-25BM or buying the Cold War conversion.

People who have the conversion, what do you think?

Thanks,

Jsolo

I have the set and it's VERY nice. Just the missiles alone are, to me, worth the price of admission. One thing to remember is that there is no guarantee that ICM will get all the details in their BM correct. Even after they came out with their RBF I believe CWS's nose was still more accurate. 

13 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The kit wheels as good as any. Don’t see any problems with them. All Foxbat versions used the same wheels so there is no need for anything extra here.

Of course there are some aftermarkets available and if someone has some extra money, why not spend it on them.

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks Gabor for your answer.

Just needed conversion.

Best regards

Patrice

18 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Hi Gabor!

What grade of grain wet & dry sandpaper is this rubbing being made with, exactly?

Cheers,

Onigiri

Hi Onigiri,

I use traditional sanding papers. For this particular surface “cleaning” 600 and 800 papers were used. The only difference is that they are all well used pieces so in fact they are much closer to 900 or 1000 and don’t “bite” so hard as a brand new sandpaper.

Also the fact that I almost always used them with some water and very light pressure minimizes the effect while the end result is what I am looking for.

1200 is used to finalize the surface but depending on what I want to see 2000 or 6000 is also used every now and then, also wet of course.

The good old jeans is still effective for final polishing. But of course that base surface grade with 800 – 1000 provides that slight roughness to plastic surface which helps paint adhesion later.

Best regards

Gabor