Latest video in my Airbrush Series ...

After watching that, I'd have to say I probably pull mine apart too often & clean out the nozzle and front section too much.  I got some AB cleaning brushes on Ebay which I insert down the paint cup & out the front (with the tiny needle nozzle removed) to clean the gunk out of there, but I do wonder if they are a bit harsh as they seem to be made of some fairly stiff material (light wire perhaps?).

I have an Iwata HPCS & use that blue lube which comes with it on the needle, and sometimes down the trigger of it gets sticky.

I also managed to put a bit of a dent in the front aircap (no idea how), but it does not seem to impact the performance.

I also discovered using tissues to clean the paint cup between colours or anytime is a big no-no, as eventually tiny little fibres clog the front of the AB and the needle nozzle.

I also note Paul you remove you needle from the rear of the AB.  I was told to pull it through the front to avoid dragging paint backwards into the AB body past the paint cup?  But sometimes if it is very clogged, pulling it out the back is the only way to get it out.

21 hours ago, Thommo said:

I also note Paul you remove you needle from the rear of the AB.  I was told to pull it through the front to avoid dragging paint backwards into the AB body past the paint cup?  But sometimes if it is very clogged, pulling it out the back is the only way to get it out.

With the H&S Infinity line, they make it very easy to remove the needle from the front. The nozzle assembly is much simpler than most of the Iwata line's. Makes removal of the nozzle very easy and safe (best to pull the needle back a little before removing the nozzle assembly to protect it from any accidents). I pull it out from the front and install it from the front, this completely avoids any tip damage to the needle. I've ruined too many needles by inserting them from the back.

I'm sure someone will tell me now that removing and inserting the needle from the front does something bad. If so, let me know so I can weigh the risks.