CD48147 - 1/48 RF-101C Voodoo Pt.2

This one will have more Vietnam options with nose art ("Gerry's Clown", "Luv Bug" and "The Iron Eyeball") , two very colorful silver jets as well as an overall ADC gray example.

There is another (not shown) with the large US national insignia and USAF markings needed for the natural metal options - it is the same sheet included with my earlier F-101A/C set (CD48052).

cd48147.jpg  cd48147b.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Kursad, Excited to see The Iron Eyeball, always liked that marking.  I know it's late, but Pg. 238  of Doug Gordon's "Tactical Reconnaissance in the Cold War", Pen & Sword 2006, is a photo of the right side of the nose, with 

THE EYEBALL

HAS COME

HAS SEEN

HAS

CONQUERED

in white block caps.

Maybe you already knew that, if so sorry, but I didn't see it on the photos of the sheets.

Don

14 minutes ago, Air Pirate said:

Kursad, Excited to see The Iron Eyeball, always liked that marking.  I know it's late, but Pg. 238  of Doug Gordon's "Tactical Reconnaissance in the Cold War", Pen & Sword 2006, is a photo of the right side of the nose, with 

THE EYEBALL

HAS COME

HAS SEEN

HAS

CONQUERED

in white block caps.

Maybe you already knew that, if so sorry, but I didn't see it on the photos of the sheets.

Don

This is exactly why I have this forum 🙂 . It certainly is not too late, and I will add the missing marking. If someone has the book and can snap a quick photo, please send me a PM. If not, I am sure the vast Univ of Texas library system has the book. And you, sir, get a free decal sheet when it is available. Thanks!

The book is a goldmine of information and photos on USAF recce aircraft - in addition to a accurate "The Iron Eyeball", I can see adding many interesting RB-66, RB-57 and perhaps even some RB-26 options to future sheets..

After buying an electronic (Kindle) version of the book, I updated the design and added the marking. Some of the details in the book allowed me to correct at least one marking. As I mentioned,  I will make good use of some of the other photos in the book in future sheets.  

• 2 months later...