Greetings!

I checked the 2 4811 kits i have ( one built one still in the box) and both have the early version lower fuselage style. All the other 9-12 versions i have are the new style undersides. I bought the 4811 kits at different times so it seems they are not updated parts.  Hope this helps!

Edited by The Dude
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Greetings!

I checked the 2 4811 kits i have ( one built one still in the box) and both have the early version lower fuselage style. All the other 9-12 versions i have are the new style undersides. I bought the 4811 kits at different times so it seems they are not updated parts.  Hope this helps!

How do you tell if you have the early fuselage? I have a late version kit.

5 hours ago, Mstor said:

How do you tell if you have the early fuselage? I have a late version kit.

There's an incline behind the forward wheel well. On the initial lower fuselage, it was just behind the well (kind of inline with the beginning of the main wheel wells), on the corrected ones it was moved further back (close to be inline with the middle of the main wells).

The kit is not that well engineered, though. Those locating pins on the fuselage should help stretch it correctly, but when I mated the top and bottom fuselage halves, there's a step between them on the LERX extension. It might be possible to fix it by pressing hard on the top fuselage around the cockpit to compress it until the glue settles (or perhaps use super glue there), but the problem is that there's plenty of spots around the fuselage which need pressuring to fit well. And of course, I forgot to insert the horizontal stabilizers, so by the time I managed to stick those in and apply all the holding clips, the glue on the LERX part was already settled of course.

And even so, there are some lines around the tail with noticeable gaps plus the wide gap between the tip of the wings of the bottom fuselage half and the wingtips on the bottom side.

Again, kind of a bummer given the asking price, I hope they improved that on newer kits.

Edited by ijozic

Nino! :coolio:

How are you doing, my mate? There's a good picture by Gabor to explain what ijozic has typed above:

centralpart1ang_zpse80f156b.jpg

Revised 9-12 kits should look like the 9-13. Also, I think there was something related to the short length of both missile pylons and underwing tanks related to the #4811 kits and also with the intakes? Check out this link

Cheers,

Onigiri

19 hours ago, Mstor said:

Just checked and I have the corrected piece. Thanks for re-posting that pic Doppleganger!

So good to know, Mstor, my mate! :thumbsup: You're quite welcome.

16 hours ago, Nino_Belov said:

My brother :-) , I am fine, thanks :-)

Very well, Nino! :cheers:  Any news regarding that awesome Aviation Art 1/48 jewel kit as of late?

Cheers you both.

Onigiri

Early 9-12 kit can be built as both early and late aircraft and it comes with corrected parts. From memory, the early kit doesn't come with R-73 missiles and APU-73 pylons but with four R-60s and APU-60 pylons. If you're after R-73s, Eduard Brassin set includes four R-73 pylons as well.

Cheers, Miro.