Kinetic 48033 F/A-18D ATARS kit decal sheet

9 hours ago, Stefan buysse said:

Hi, Dave.

Is that about FLD48-009?

I'm aware of "the upcoming one with all the ODS USMC squadrons" and FLD48-009.

But as far as I know there is no VMFA(AW)-533 ATARS bird on FLD48-009.

Is there another new sheet with recent Hornets planned?

I was going to wait for the ODS one and pass on FLD48-009. But then I saw what you did with the load-out charts for recent operations and the guide per airframe indicating which seat/antenna/etc configuration. Now I want FLD48-009 too. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Stefan.

Stefan,

Yes, another sheet is on the way that will cover several more combat Hornets designed to fit the Kinetic kit. More OEF, OIF and OIR options with mission markings. The ODS sheet, FL48008 will be going to print in January along with the new Hornet sheet (haven't assigned a number yet). 

13 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

For current operations, not so much.

LAU-10 has been used sparingly in recent years. The typical configurations for almost all USMC Hornets in recent years has been a mix of GBU-12, GBU-38, GBU-54 and AGM-65. While there have been uses of MK-77, LAU-10, GBU-10/16/31/51, they have been few. 

No, there will be a mix of F/A-18A, C, D and ATARS D's.

APKWS are 2.75 inch rockets.

FAC(A) loadout for OIF 2003. I should have been more specific. Thanks. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:02 AM, Dave Roof said:

Stefan,

Yes, another sheet is on the way that will cover several more combat Hornets designed to fit the Kinetic kit. More OEF, OIF and OIR options with mission markings. The ODS sheet, FL48008 will be going to print in January along with the new Hornet sheet (haven't assigned a number yet). 

Thanks, Dave.

With the 3 sheets and the one in Kinetic 48-033, there are going to be  plenty of options for USMC Hornets! Cool, I like lots of options.:thumbsup:

If you do a further write-up of the Kinetic Hornets, that would be welcome as well. In the box of my started Kinetic Hornet, I have a couple of sheets with build-notes  based on your write-up from when the kit was brand-new, possibly with some Darren Roberts' notes thrown in.

Cheers, Stefan.

• 4 years later...

Unfortunately I didn’t see this post and recently purchased this kit only to be extremely disappointed.  I thought my kit was missing parts and found this post, realizing it wasn’t, it was a company’s decision to sell a kit that they knew wasn’t accurate.  I had thought of buying one of the Kinetic F-16s but now that I know the company is basically like “spend your money on our products and good news, you get to support the aftermarket companies also” I’ll pass.  Then when someone complains, you give an excuse that it was too hard to do so many different models.  Well, then don’t try and do something you clearly knew you couldn’t do.  Not only do you have to fix the rear cockpit with aftermarket, you have to buy aftermarket decals to get data and formation lights, all apparently to save money. I know my comments wont change anything but hopefully it will push this post up and save at least one person some money.