CD48148 - 1/48 CH-47 Chinook

CD48148 will be a 1/48 scale sheet for the CH-47, designed for the Italeri kit. I will try to cover a few US and international options for later/current Chinooks and I am open to suggestions. Coming in early 2019.

Edited by KursadA

Well that is a surprise. I know it would be a stretch but the Argentine AF flew the Chinook in Antarctica in a nice blue/white and dayglo scheme. Been wanting to do one of those but I think I have to change the nose of the kit or maybe not. Just an idea for your consideration.

I've got them in 1/72 from another manufacturer but i'm sure guys like Phantom would like one or more of the Canadian "Ds" with nose art from Afghanistan.   The sheet I have has one set of markings plus nose art and numbers for all 6 and it doesn't take up too much of the sheet but at least do "2 for Hooking". There are good references on line but this might help:

949344591_NoseArtTwoHooking2.jpg.0f9829489e3eb0502028092e3ebfb7b1.jpg

P.S. There is a guy on Shapeways that makes the sand filters in both 1/72 and 1/48......

Edited by RCAFFAN
23 minutes ago, Emvar said:

Canadian CH-47Fs..... now we need the Extended range fuel tanks..... hope the MH-47F/G would be included.

You can do that with a set of generic Canadian black markings but there is no kit to put them on.......I'm sure Kursad can find lots of schemes without having to modify the kit..

Edited by RCAFFAN

True, its the kit less F model I want to do.  I did that two for hooking D model (for someone else) using the no longer avaiable Canmilair sheet. Hopefully one day Belcher Bits makes a nice resin conversion.

• 1 month later...

So far as US 'Hooks go, I'd love to see this one in decal form, in case I ever get around to building one...

30996705522_b69df5a09a_c.jpgU.S. Army CH-47D 91-00261 by Josh Kaiser, on Flickr

30789480790_dca63a7cee_c.jpgU.S. Army CH-47D 91-00261 by Josh Kaiser, on Flickr

It's still (to my knowledge) the oldest operating airframe in the U.S. Army inventory - it was slated to be donated to the Museum of Flight in Seattle a couple years ago, but that still hasn't come about.

I've got quite a few walk-around photos and close-ups of most of the markings (including a couple unique interior details), if that would be helpful as well.

Edited by Jaypack44
added info
42 minutes ago, Stephen said:

How about RAF Chinook HC.2 ZD983 which was the RAF display Chinook for 2018 and also took part in a tour of former RAF bases in Germany. It also has the RAF 100 markings on it.

The first option I drew - I need that logo for a bunch of other items I have in mind, so I drew this fairly early on 🙂 

9 minutes ago, KursadA said:

The first option I drew - I need that logo for a bunch of other items I have in mind, so I drew this fairly early on 🙂 

Excellent! I have an Italeri Chinook waiting for the sheet then. 

Another vote for Canadian CH-147Ds in Afghanistan.

These were ex-US Amy Chinooks. The Nose Art was applied by the US Army, we Candianized the markings. So you could actually do a before (US Army) and after (CAF).

I have pictures of them all in theatre, in fact I have an entire CD full of pictures taken by a pilot friend who flew them in my former Squadron.

F5B18015-A6A8-41DC-A78C-67378C6BA31D_zps

Edited by Scooby
  • KursadA changed the title to CD48148 - 1/48 CH-47 Chhttp://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/305985-cd48148-148-ch-47-chinook/inook