Return of the Hasegawa 1/48 A-4C next year

So I was on a store web site (Hobbysearch) and I saw that the Hasegawa 1/48 A-4C is due to be re-released in January next year. Wow I think that is good news since I have heard these kits are going for stupid money now in the secondary market. I have one from when they first released it so I think I am ok. However I hope Hasegawa considers re-releasing the A-4B. Now that would be great as I got several Argentine Skyhawks I would like to do.

Edited by skyhawk174
47 minutes ago, JeffreyK said:

Would have thought they'd do a different decal variant, but still, great to see the kit back on the shelves.

J

Jeffery maybe the stores are just using the old box art as place holders until the new kit gets released? As we all know Hasegawa is famous for reboxing with new decals so I am expecting nothing less in this case. I may be proven wrong though.

And yes the TA-4J would be a nice re-release as people are trying to sell those for 3 figures on ebay. Too rich for my blood.

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

With the C coming out, I can easily do a B conversion. I already have the B/C conversion for the E/F kits. I'll simply make the B parts available separately. 

I was already looking at SB's website if they had your C/B conversion in stock 🙂

Yes, definitely in for a "B" only conversion.

I also have a B/C specific item in mind for my own range. Scratch-built it for my "C" a few years ago, but never thought about releasing it as a resin item back then. Would come along nicely now....

Hey Jeffery that sounds very intriguing. I really like the Argentine Skyhawks and I think I have a few decals. I also think they flew the C right? I should really go do some digging. That ECM blister on the spine is really the hard part to do if I was to try and do this myself. Well that and decals.

8 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Jeffery maybe the stores are just using the old box art as place holders until the new kit gets released? As we all know Hasegawa is famous for reboxing with new decals so I am expecting nothing less in this case. I may be proven wrong though.

Looks like they did re-release their original boxing of the E this year, so the re-release of the original C boxing as-is may be accurate.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1140031-hasegawa-07221-a-4e-f-skyhawk

Regardless of the boxing, it's about time the C is available again after 10+yrs. Great news.

11 minutes ago, ziggyfoos said:

Looks like they did re-release their original boxing of the E this year, so the re-release of the original C boxing as-is may be accurate.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1140031-hasegawa-07221-a-4e-f-skyhawk

Regardless of the boxing, it's about time the C is available again after 10+yrs. Great news.

...does your A-4 stencil sheet include the landing gear placards? My A-4C model suffered quite some damage during my move to Japan and I have to re-build the landing gear using new SAC struts. But that way I'd lose the nice placards from the original Hasegawa kit sheet...

J

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:49 AM, skyhawk174 said:

However I hope Hasegawa considers re-releasing the A-4B. Now that would be great as I got several Argentine Skyhawks I would like to do.

Great news, Chris! :yahoo:

Stay away from kit #09554, though. Both the decals and resin bits on that boxing for the Argie Scooters are real pants.

If you ever wanted accurate decals and resin bits for the Argie birds, PM me and I'll gladly help.

Cheers,

Onigiri

9 hours ago, picknpluck said:

What'sthe difference between a B and a C?

Off the top of my head, the B had a shorter, stubbier nose and a different instrument panel. It also doesn't have all the ECM antennas or chaff/flare dispensers. This is for the US Navy variants. I'm not familiar with foreign users. 

The nav lights in the wing tips differ as well, as does the inner part of the slats. As for the Argie versions, antennas are quite the same on the B and C = the VHF or VOR antennas, but the radome for the ADF differ. Also, some few had the Omega equipment installed and others not. 

The Argie Cs were endowed with E wings, so they had 2 hardpoints under each wing. Also with the spoilers.

Edited by Doppelgänger
The ring for the intercom just scared the **** outa me.
3 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

The nav lights in the wing tips differ as well, as does the inner part of the slats. As for the Argie versions, antennas are quite the same on the B and C = the VHF or VOR antennas, but the radome for the ADF differ. Also, some few had the Omega equipment installed and others not. 

The Argie Cs were endowed with E wings, so they had 2 hardpoints under each wing. Also with the spoilers.

This is some great info there. Thanks so much for sharing. Was not aware of the wing mod on the Argentine Cs.

6 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

I know the A had different nav lights on the wingtips (and a different vortex design), but I didn't know the B had them.

20 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

This is some great info there. Thanks so much for sharing. Was not aware of the wing mod on the Argentine Cs.

Hi Chris!

You're quite welcome. If you ever wanted to convert into an Argie Air Force A-4C, I will gladly point you in the right direction with regard to the resin bits and decals.

Cheers,

17 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I know the A had different nav lights on the wingtips (and a different vortex design), but I didn't know the B had them.

I've got some nice pictures if you ever fancied 'em, Darren. :thumbsup:

I've purchased three sets of your nice resin bits for the elevator trims. They are just awesome!

Cheers,

16 hours ago, spang said:

I hope conversion to do Argentina during Malvinas War.

Hi SPang

Same courtesy extended to you if you ever needed it.

Cheers,

Onigiri

On 11/6/2018 at 2:22 PM, Darren Roberts said:

Off the top of my head, the B had a shorter, stubbier nose and a different instrument panel. It also doesn't have all the ECM antennas or chaff/flare dispensers. This is for the US Navy variants. I'm not familiar with foreign users. 

Did Hasegwa incorporate all these differences in their B boxing?? IIRC, they only included a different nose and IP.

Thomas

Edited by Thomas

This is why I buy several kits within a few months so I have what I might need years later & not have to pay eBay money. I can’t believe I still have a few original release  Hasegawa T/A-4B & Cs left all these years later still needing to be built. You never know what Hasegawa & some other top rated companies will do (or not) with rereleases. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns