Return of the Hasegawa 1/48 A-4C next year

11 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Hi Chris!

You're quite welcome. If you ever wanted to convert into an Argie Air Force A-4C, I will gladly point you in the right direction with regard to the resin bits and decals.

Cheers,

Onigiri

Thanks so much for the offer. I will have to PM you with my questions. Speaking of resin I seem to recall that I do have a conversion set I picked up some time ago for an Argentine A-4B I think. It came with a new resin nose, hump and some very nice drawings. Oh and a decal sheet. Now I can't even remember who made it. Will have to go dig it out.

I am actually in the middle of building the Hobbycraft A-4B in an Argentine AF scheme. Yes I started this before the Hasegawa kit came out and really want to finish it. Doing it out of the box in that grey scheme with large anchor markings on the wings and blue ID bands.

I know people think the Hobbycraft kit is not worth it but boy oh boy you have to check out the weapons included. It almost seems as if someone else moulded the weapons sprue. Great stuff in my mind. I will finish it off and use it as a decal canvas.

2 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Thanks so much for the offer. I will have to PM you with my questions. Speaking of resin I seem to recall that I do have a conversion set I picked up some time ago for an Argentine A-4B I think. It came with a new resin nose, hump and some very nice drawings. Oh and a decal sheet. Now I can't even remember who made it. Will have to go dig it out.

I am actually in the middle of building the Hobbycraft A-4B in an Argentine AF scheme. Yes I started this before the Hasegawa kit came out and really want to finish it. Doing it out of the box in that grey scheme with large anchor markings on the wings and blue ID bands.

I know people think the Hobbycraft kit is not worth it but boy oh boy you have to check out the weapons included. It almost seems as if someone else moulded the weapons sprue. Great stuff in my mind. I will finish it off and use it as a decal canvas.

Probably Condor, they also do an A-4AR set with resin, decals, etc.

10 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Hi, Chris!

Of course you can PM me anytime you want. There are a lot of resin conversion sets out there for the B/P/Q and Cs, the best and most known are those from Aconcagua Resin Models.

Mind you, the grey scheme + large anchor markings = Argie COAN A-4Qs. There were no ID bands on the Qs, but only on the Air Force A-4Ps and A-4Cs.

The Hobbycraft kit is a good base for a conversion, as the whole nose is pants on these kits (also, the windshield is way too flat). When I haven't used Hasegawa, I've converted mine from the old ESCI and Monogram kits, plus a plethora of Aires, Eduard and Steel Beach resin bits.

Cheers,

Onigiri

The only difference between the Hasegawa 1/48 A-4B(A4D-2) and the A-4C is Sprue "K" in the A-4B issue and Sprue "L" in the A-4C. Both sprues are the different noses.

I thought ahead and bought 5 A-4Bs and 4 A-4Cs when they first were issued. I also ordered directly for Hasegawa 5 of the sprue "K" A-4B noses for cheap. You probably can still order just the nose sprues for kit #09426 A-4B.

steve

Edited by f86esabre