Saudi F-15C with Fast Pack in Gulf war 1991 ???

Hi gents,

I have a question. Enclosed is a screen grab from the Twitter video, stating that Saudi F-15Cs with Fast Packs armed with 3 x Mk.84 (under wing pylons and centerline) + 2 x AIM-7 (and maybe something AA on wing pylons, can not make it from the screen grab) were operating duing Gulf war and bombing Iraqis.

This is a real puzzle to me, as I thought that only F-15Cs with Fast Packs in 1990s were the US jets with FF and IS tail codes (picture prove).

From the screen grab the Fast Packs are definetly not the F-15E type ones....

Thanks

saudi f-15c fast pack gulf.jpg

15 hours ago, KEi said:

The FAST(CFT) packs are for the earlier type meant for air-superiority version. Also from this photo, it shows the F-15C vertical stabilizer's top, one is larger and the other is smaller. This shows this aircraft is transferred from USAF stocks during Desert Shield and thus have the ability to carry the CFT. I am uncertain if original RSAF F-15Cs can carry CFT.

WOW, good catch on that transferred USAF bird !!! So it is 79-xxxx bird.  My other pics of US F-15Cs with tail codes FF and IS shows them as 80-, 81- or 82-xxxx birds ..... Can every C from start cary CFT ? I have Israeli C 810/80-0123 with the early "fighter" CFT and some other Ds too ....  and, so if the Saudi C has one large and one small vertical stab top, it is transferred from USAF ?

Thanks experts !!

EDIT: I even found pic of Israeli F-15A with "fighter" CFT !! 654/76-1505..... VERY interestning ....

Edited by JakubJakepilot
10 minutes ago, strikeeagle801 said:

As to your question about all F-15's being able to be fitted with CFT's...The answer is yes. All F-15C's would be able to carry CFT's from the factory. 

Aaron 

What about As ? Like I found the Israeli A with CFT ? Local mod to update it and then carry CFT ? Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:27 AM, JakubJakepilot said:

What about As ? Like I found the Israeli A with CFT ? Local mod to update it and then carry CFT ? Thanks !

One of the things that differentiated the C from the A model was the ability of the C to carry CFTs.  The Israeli A models were unique in their ability to carry them; I don't know if that was a local mod or something done at the factory.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
On 11/17/2018 at 11:43 PM, Murph said:

One of the things that differentiated the C from the A model was the ability of the C to carry CFTs.  The Israeli A models were unique in their ability to carry them; I don't know if that was a local mod or something done at the factory.

Regards,

Murph

My friend told me that Israelis updated their As via some McDD bulletin, I guess some strenghtening and attachement points/wiring/plumbing was necessary .... but who knows ...