Good evening everyone, this time i,m showing my build from the start. The photo shows all the remaining parts of the fuselage from an Italeri kit that I require for the build. The clue is its 1:72 and in the title. Happy guessing !

one.jpg

Evening all, the answer is the Atlas Cheetah C of the SAAF. The base kit is the Italeri 1:72nd Kfir C7 with the Scaleworx resin conversion. I have just cobbled the parts together so you can see what it will eventually look like,

Cheers

Pete

the Scaleworx conversion, the bits and the overall idea.

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

Evening all, back from Scale Model World now so stuck a few bits of the Cheetah together. Its starting to look the part now but needed a lot of filler, to be honest this was probably down to my over enthusiasm to get on with it. Any how enjoy.

Pete

n2.jpg

n1.jpg

n3.jpg

Managed to get some rubbing down done and attach most of the Scaleworx parts, its starting to look like a Cheetah now ! More sanding to do over the weekend and then I will give her a coat of primer and check for flaws. I can't decide on the finish at the moment, either the interceptor scheme or ground attack.

Enjoy

Peter

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all, sorry for the slow progress but getting there. The Cheetah is primed and pre-shaded now so after a couple of days to dry I can get onto the bit I really enjoy, the paint job. I have decided to go for the lighter air defense colours on this one.

All for now

Pete

p1.jpg

p3.jpg

Edited by Elkin

Evening, have got the first two colours on to the Cheetah now. Its finished in the lighter scheme, the aircraft is going to be Cheetah C 347. Next will be the wheel bays and the false canopy.

Things are moving along quite nicely now and my SAAF (Cookiecutter) low vis markings have turned up from MAV decals.

Enjoy

Pete

cam 1.jpg

cam 2.jpg

cam3.jpg

Good evening, decals are on and have been misted over to tone them down, weathering done and  MIG ultra matt coating applied. A few evenings now without any modelling but I will get back to it on Sunday. Just the U/C to do, antenna, center line fuel tank and a couple of scratch built Darby AAM to do.

Enjoy and thanks for looking.

Pete

pre new 1.jpg

new 2.jpg

new 1.jpg

Good evening all, the Cheetah is now standing on her own 3 feet! All that's left is to do a bit more weathering, attach the u/c doors, pitot, scratch build the R-Darter missiles and add the fuselage tank to finish her off. Hope to get that done over the weekend before the festivities. 

Please enjoy and thanks

Pete

1903.jpg

1904.jpg

1902.jpg

Good evening all I trust you are all well and enjoyed the holidays. Well the Cheetah is finished ! Scratch built the missiles yesterday painted and attached today along with the center line fuel tank. Not totally happy with the end result as I feel the canopy could have fitted a little better, but its another one to add to the ever growing collection of the Mirage family. Any how I hope you like her and have a great new year, when it arrives.

Peter

fin1.jpg

fin 2.jpg

fin 3.jpg

fin 5.jpg