Tamiya 1/32 F-15E Bunker Buster

This is another of my "Shelf of Doom" rescues.  I started this monster back in 2005 and worked on it sporadically into 2007 whereupon it made its way to the shelf. I came across some of the builds here on ARC, specifically Geedubelyer's build. Modellers like Guy and Chuck Sawyer are always inspirational to me. There are many others as well and apologies to them.

Anyhow, this is the Bunker Buster Strike Eagle from Tamiya. It has the extra ordinance and decals for a Lakenheath F-15E, but fails to include the additional items needed for a -229 powered F-15E. Cutting Edge came to the rescue with a small update set that was mediocre and they also corrected the nozzles with more accurate ones. On my kit I used the F-15E update, but saved the nozzles for another build. This is my 2nd Tamiya eagle and I have another one in the stash.

This build also used Eagle Strike decals to represent Operation Allied Force in 1999, with Quickboost resin seats, Cutting Edge Lantern Target and Nav pods, Cutting Edge AIM-9L/M, Cutting Edge AIM-120B with LAU-128 rails only on the outer portion of pylons.  GT Resin wheels and Antenna were used and I highly recommend them. I also bought a set of the amazing Eduard GBU-12 Brassin bombs. These are a must have for your modern jet builds and are a work of art to hang on a pylon. I used the Kit AGM-130 to create an asymmetric load per F-15E.info which is two (2) GBU-12's with one gas bag and the AGM-130. For the correct load I needed a 1/32  AXQ-14 data link Pod. My good friend Jeff Herne turned one out of nylon on his lathe and that hangs on the centerline.  Here is my first shots from my new lightbooth. I apologize for not getting underside shots, those will have to wait.

LPg4YQ.jpg

pP7Ant.jpg

J9I9ji.jpg

S9RCKk.jpg

TX2shn.jpg

ZOKv6Z.jpg

pP7Ant.jpg

The canopy will not be displayed down. I did not however complete the part needed to keep it open.

xBS7Ow.jpg

Suffice it to say I need to modify the lightbooth and worth a bit harder on my shots. I also need a macro lens. 

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Addition

Nice one. I built one when it first came out many, many years ago. In my many moves and misadventures I gave it to a hobby shop here in Milwaukee. I don't even know if the shop is still open. In any case, yours is better than mine was.