There is an airshow going on in China right now in which all the cutting edge tech of Chinese aviation is on display.

J-10 has a very nice surprise for me. It has a new test subject with a WS-10 engine with trust vectoring and serrated exhaust nozzle. It can do cobra maneuver! I wouldn't have guessed it could. Suddenly I have an urge to built this one:

44838790455_7e0906ba26_o.jpg

44838790365_c0403eba89_o.jpg

31880765488_3371edf782_o.jpg

43934761040_c50e8fc950_k.jpg

43934761540_4e8c82480f_k.jpg

An official also confirmed in a witty way that this engine is already installed on J-20, too. 

Edited by foxmulder_ms

J-20 doesn't use serrated nozzles. And the engine has so far been some sort of Salut Al-31FM3 modification while they are developing WS-15.

EDIT: Actually i now remember there is atleast one frame testing WS-10 on J-20, with serrated nozzles, but the currently operational ones do not use that engine or the nozzle.

Edited by Berkut
6 hours ago, HOLMES said:

WOW

...  This e are STUNNING Photos..  Thank you.:clap2:

Any more please.:clap2:

This is kind of cool too: a very short video of J-10 performing "falling leaf". It is really cool, Su-30 does this one nicely. Do Russian's have a name for it? Falling leaf sounds fitting though:

What is impressive is Chinese are willing show this in an airshow. It is a J-10B fitted with a brand new engine and it is doing solo flights back to back for 3 days now. That shows a certain level of confidence. 

Also another interesting take from the show is that there are so many types of UAVs, I would say ~20. Following the developments in this field will be very interesting. 

Anyhow, I am looking forward to a 1/48 J-20 and that exhaust for J-10 from an aftermarket producer. 😄

Edited by foxmulder_ms