Kitty Hawk Banshee 3-4 in 1/48

I don't think it is dead. I think KH is busy with getting other kits out right at the moment. There's the Su-34, the Yak-130, several helicopter releases, the FJ Fury's, I think possibly the Cutlass is waiting in the wings as well. Add to that the armor from their Panda side.

I had read shortly after the -2 Banshee was released, the huge amount of criticism it received because of the wing issues caused them to review what they had done up to that point on the -3/4 Banshee. The wings between the two Banshee's are very similar if not exactly the same. I think they may have scrapped the 3/4 wing if it had the same large bulges over the intakes as the earlier kit. That would have necessitated cutting a new wing and possibly fuselage as well. Others may know more. You can go to the Kitty Hawk Facebook page and ask the question. Song Wang frequently posts comments there and he's the guy that runs Kitty Hawk.    

If they plan to use anything from the -2, especially the wings, then they shouldn’t even bother to release a -3. The -2 kit was just too big a mess. If they do a -3 with unique sprues, then they have a chance to have a really nice kit. I hope they go the second route.

Ben

Looking over my Ginter book on the "big Banjo", it does appear that the wings on both the -2 and -3 are damn near the same.  So, I'm thinking that a kitbash of both kits might just yield a decent F2H-2 Banshee. A section of the -3 fuse would also have to be used to give the correct wing to fuselage junction. 

So it's ultimately up to KH to get this one right the first time! Time will tell!!

Jim

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, Ben Brown said:

If they plan to use anything from the -2, especially the wings, then they shouldn’t even bother to release a -3. The -2 kit was just too big a mess. If they do a -3 with unique sprues, then they have a chance to have a really nice kit. I hope they go the second route.

Ben

Over on Hyperscale in Plastic Pics Mike Rieth is making a replacement set for the KH F2H-1/2 Banshee. Look for the thread Banshee resin correction set.

Edited by jpk