ARC Discussion Forums
Ranger_Chris61

1/48 Revell PT-17 Stearman Full Build

Been waiting a little while to post this, but since the first full part is now out I feel comfortable posting this. So this is the first part in a series of videos I am doing on the Stearman that I built for this years contest. I had originally planned to release this monthly following the first full part, which I will post tomorrow, but because of the large time investment of editing all of the footage these will instead be coming out bi-monthly. So look forward to it.

Nice start to your video series:thumbsup:. The PE set looks interesting. As for rigging, I've had good luck with EZ-Line. I watched your review of this kit a while back (August I think?) and it actually made me pick one up. Haven't touched it yet though. I'll follow along.

Regards,

Don

12 hours ago, Don said:

Nice start to your video series:thumbsup:. The PE set looks interesting. As for rigging, I've had good luck with EZ-Line. I watched your review of this kit a while back (August I think?) and it actually made me pick one up. Haven't touched it yet though. I'll follow along.

Regards,

Don

I ended up using fishing line for the rigging, which I plan to show in part 3 tentatively. After what all happened working on part 2 I am debating splitting the next part up.

OK so here is part 2, showing all the work done on the cockpit and internal area. Couple things to note. This was the first time I have done any large scale video project, so I openly admit the length has everything to do with my inexperience and lack of skill in editing combined with this project being alot larger in scale and scope then I initially though. As such treating this as a learning experience and will try to keep the length down in the next part. At the moment I am waiting to get some feedback on this one before I start editing the next part to get an idea of where I need to improve and if I should split it into 2 parts.