Praying for Fisher Models family and Paradise fire folks

Edit: Paul and his family lost everything.

A Go-Fund-Me has been set up for them by Kevin at LSP: https://www.gofundme.com/paul-fisher-fire-relief

Please help if you can.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Paradise California is in trouble. More than 20,000 acres burned since it started this morning (6:30 am).

A massive fire is burning and people are trapped at various locations in the city, including 40-50 at a hospital that is currently burning.

The main evacuation road is blocked. Cars were backed up and the drivers fled on foot. The cars burned and there are also trees blocking the road.

Here's a livestream broadcast by a former fire-fighter describing the situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6kpUIr4CSw

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/CampFire?src=tren&data_id=tweet%3A1060598554194980866

I'm not posting any news links. Just search "Camp Fire" and you'll get plenty.

Paul Fisher and family live on the South side of Paradise. I don't know their status, if anybody does please update us.

:pray::pray::pray:

Edited by Zactoman
Fixed time that fire started

Oh my, I hope they'll be OK. Your right, it doesn't look good out there. CNN said the fire is moving at 80 football fields a minute. I hope that everyone out there makes it to safety.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Oh my, I hope they'll be OK. Your right, it doesn't look good out there. CNN said the fire is moving at 80 football fields a minute. I hope that everyone out there makes it to safety.

Are you sure? My math may be off, but I think that's like 270mph. I mean, 8000yd/min?

Paradise_zpsfzhrrcri.jpg

The good news (posted on LSP) is that Paul and family (and dogs) are safely evacuated. :thumbsup:

More good news is the road was apparently cleared and that the folks at the burning hospital made it out.

The bad news is that Paradise is destroyed: https://www.kron4.com/news/california/cal-fire-entire-town-of-paradise-wiped-out-by-butt-county-wildfire/1582369196

"A Cal Fire captain says the Northern California town of Paradise was wiped out".

Let's hope that Paul's shop (and home) survived. That shop and the patterns and molds inside are their family income. :pray:

Praying for all the people that are there. I did an order with Fisher Models earlier this year to get his EC-121 resin, which one year I plan to build. 

Hope everyone makes it out and praying for the firefighters battling this to save what's left.

EDIT:  Paul got the info already.

Just spotted this on Twitter. If anybody here has the ability to contact Paul, please let him know about this.

Helen_Fisher_zpsveceeps5.jpg

In case the pic doesn't show:

MissKitty2 @KittyfromVA

"At the church of nararene in Oroville. She is all alone with her dog. She has a bed and will be here for the entire night."

"Helen Fisher is needing help locate her son Paul Fisher to inform him that she is at the Oro Naz. She does not have a phone, Please share!"

Edit: Also posting on LSP.

EDIT #2:  Paul got the info already.

Edited by Zactoman
2 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

It is mad: 

Drm-Jm-HBVAAEDp-Pv.jpg

That looks like the Woolsey Fire down here in SoCal. That's PCH, a.k.a. CA-1, looking north. The scary thing is the fire's on the other side of the Malibu Mtns and that road is one of the few ways around the fire since it shut down US-101.

AFAIK, we've got 4 major fires in CA now. Over 1.5M acres (600k Hectares) burnt so far this year...

For anybody who can afford to help, the Go Fund Me page is still open. It has received more than $15,000 so far. This will certainly help, but they have a long and difficult recovery ahead of them and any additional help would be wonderful.

https://www.gofundme.com/paul-fisher-fire-relief

Jennings posted this message from Paul on LSP:

BuucCm.png

:cheers:

Kind of puts the F-14 and other discussions in perspective doesn't it? Glad they are safe and praying for a stronger than before come back in all areas of his life. Been there with a flood and it's not fun at all. We were lucky enough to have bones of a house to rebuild. Fires don't leave that option on the table! Best of everything to you Paul if you are reading this.

Bill

Edited by niart17

So there's a GoFundMe  for PAUL FISHER and quite a bit has been raised..

Gentlemen you can donate anonymously or not..  if you can but if you can't then that's okay too.

Here is the link etc  and Paul's comments are copied from Facebook.

hope he and Susy are doing well and prayers go out to them.

Fundraiser for Paul Fisher by Kevin Futter : Paul Fisher Fire Relief

So, we've managed to reach $15,000 in donations in around 2 days of fundraising! The level of generosity shown by Paul's fans, friends, followers, and the general scale modelling community has been absolutely astounding, and Paul is incredibly grateful. For those who don't follow Paul on Facebook, here is his message:

"Hello to all our friends and family around the world, Susy and I cannot thank you enough for the incredible generosity you have shown us in out time of need, we are humbled and elevated all at the same time....Can't say yet what comes next, but now that we are safe in Colorado and online again I will try to post regularly.As far as we can tell at this point both our home and the workshop were destroyed by the fire, more info as I get it, but it will be awhile before that Firefly comes out!We love you all, and again, thank you with every wag of our collective tails for all you have done to help!!!!"

Please continue to share the campaign link to anyone you think might be able to help. And a sincere thanks to everyone who has been able to donate so far. You guys rock!

Bumping this thread for those who may have missed it and might be willing to help.

So far over $27,000 has been raised which is great, but considering they lost everything, it's just a start.

Paul posted the following picture on Facebook on Wednesday. Jennings posted it on LSP and I am borrowing it to share here.

From left to right is the barn, the model shop and the house...

TGavWe.jpg