F-4F Norm 81A

Hello,

I got my Norm 81 A Hase F-4F 1/48 to painting stage. I have all Xtracolor gay shades for this camo .

Great timing for coming Caracal decals ,if I understood correctly they will be available from around 15th of november, and i won't have to struggle with kit decals.

Problem is I lost copy of  ESCI F-4F   'toned down'1/72 instructions with apparently correct Norm 81 camo scheme.

I red Hase P7 F-4F 1/48 instruction has mistakes.

Where can I find correct color call outs and demarcation lines for this complicated scheme. I have old don color drawing but I cant tell which color is which...I am afraid I might make a mistake..

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

P

4 hours ago, Spectre711 said:

I have a bunch of DonColor camo schemes that I fond on a thumb drive I saved to Flickr.  You might find it there depending on which one you want.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/70058423@N07/itE53o

Wow, I just bookmarked your flickr page. Thanks!! I miss the old Don's Color site.

Wow, lighting certainly impacts color saturation. In several of those photos, the port side looks quite faded due to the light source  being to the left of the model.  One shot of the starboard side provides a peek at the port wingtip and one can see it matches the hue and saturation of the starboard green since the angle of relfection is different fron the port side shots.

Here's a lesson for those trying to interpret colors from historic photos.

Nicely done camouflage.

Edited by Slartibartfast