Being retired I have lots of time on my hands and I try to keep active and my mind busy. One of my favorite wastes of time is prowling the local antique dealers. I visited one yesterday that I had not been in for some time. Good thing I did, more or less hidden behind other kits for sale was a 1/72 scale Monogram B-1B for $29. I was able to have it put on hold for a day until I could come back after asking, (begging) the wife for permission to buy it. Normally I don't have to but since it's coming up to the holidays my extra cash is sent to the gift fund. I was able to show her on eBay and a couple other sites how much they go for online so it was a quick yes. 

When it was being rung up a former co-worker saw me and wished me a happy late Veteran's day. That got three dollars taken off and was told that the discount was good any time I visited. So, I got a very expensive kit for retail value with a discount without having to sneak the thing into the house without my wife or kids seeing me. I looked on eBay just before I wrote this and there is only one kit on auction with an opening bid of $70 so I guess I did luck out, both with the kit and having a very understanding wife. Oh, and the look on the guy's face when I told him how much these kits run online was priceless. I did throw him a bone and told him how much his Ideal figure kits were going for.

Hopefully, I have just as much luck finding any B-52 kit after the first of the year.