BIG PROBLEM WITH HLJ

I want to ask you for advise on how to proceed. 

I don’t know if you have noticed that HLJ changed his website. 

To make the long story short, their estimation shipping system is wrong. 

The SAL and the EMS estimation is almost the same so I choose EMS and proceed to pay but it turns out that they charged me 3 to 4 times the cost as it supposed to be. 

But I didn’t noticed until i get the invoice. 

How should I proceed? Can I fill a claim with my bank?

What do you recommend?

Thank you

I'm not sure if I experienced a similar problem two weeks ago but it certainly seems so. 

The SAL cost was something astronomical - it really was several times bigger than my order! I don't know if there's a malfunction or something, but after I had tried it two or three times and the result was always the same, I gave up. I could have contacted them but I really didn't feel I could stand all the hassle.

I ordered from 1999 (Hobbysearch).

In the almost 20 years I've been a HLJ customer I've had payment problems, packages lost, damaged items, lost items, missing parts, estimated shipping cost problems, etc. All have been solved in due time by a few clicks on their customer support section and typing a message to explain your problem. If you had time to ask questions here, you'd have time use the customer support on the HLJ site to explain the problem.

I don't know if this will help. their shipping cost estimations are based on the measurements/weight of the items and/or their combined totals stacked, in their database it should be listed as LxWxH but sometimes an items gets its dimensions inputted in the wrong order which results in a ridiculous amount when the system calculates the total packing size. An example I can say is I ordered two sets of diy decal sheets, one clear and one white, two almost flat items. Each on their own had like a 400 yen shipping cost, but when put together for shipping it gave me something like a 3000+ yen EMS or SAL parcel cost. What was the problem? one of the sheet sets in the database the length was out of order so instead of both being 12 inch length and stacked flat. The system calculated a packing size of 12x12x8inch box or something like that. It was solved by a message on their customer support page explaining the problem. They corrected the mistake on their database and shipping cost in my order. That was before the site redesign as for a single item. So another possibility is something got messed up with the database during the redesign and the product measurements are getting mixed up.

Edited by Inquisitor

I bought Hasegawa Boeing 777ER from them, fuselage was badly warped, they said to me that i can glue it, because that mold was old???!!! I deleted my account there, and never ever will shop there again. And what about their Sales? hmmm never ever.