B28 nuclear weapon markings?

I've built two 1/48 B28 nuclear weapons using the Belcher Bits resin set. I wanted to show live weapons, so I opted for silver overall with a brownish (glass fiber?) nose cap. Unfortunately I made the metal nose cap a bit too large. The models have no lugs since I installed small magnets to attach them to a pylon.

My question: I wonder whether these weapons had any markings applied to them? The museum examples appear to have none.

f84f-37.jpg

Rob

Usually practice weapons would have the same markings as a live weapon but most times museums get repainted ones without any useful markings. The reddish brown nose cap is a radome, used for airburst, normally a metal cap is on it to protect until after loading.  Some walkaround pics of other shapes can be found here:

http://svsm.org/gallery/aircraft-equipment-weapons-nuclear

too bad there is no B28.

Jari

3 hours ago, Solo said:

I attached this bomb to my F-100D model.

I ordered decals for it, so here you have what I got about that:

mk28re.jpg

Many thanks for your excellent reply! Did you base your decals on the museum example that you included in the reply?  My compliments for your sweet F-100 too :-)

Rob

2 hours ago, Finn said:

Usually practice weapons would have the same markings as a live weapon but most times museums get repainted ones without any useful markings. The reddish brown nose cap is a radome, used for airburst, normally a metal cap is on it to protect until after loading.  Some walkaround pics of other shapes can be found here:

http://svsm.org/gallery/aircraft-equipment-weapons-nuclear

too bad there is no B28.

Jari

Thanks for your comments and the link! It includes a Mark 7 that is also on my build list.

Rob

29 minutes ago, Rob de Bie said:

Many thanks for your excellent reply! Did you base your decals on the museum example that you included in the reply?  My compliments for your sweet F-100 too :-)

Rob

Frankly said the research has been made by manufacturer of decals, but I believe it was based on museum items.

And thank you for your compliments. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Solo said:

Frankly said the research has been made by manufacturer of decals, but I believe it was based on museum items.

And thank you for your compliments. 🙂

Interesting! I assumed you had designed the custom decals yourself, since you showed the artwork that is so recognisable as the way I would do it too in CorelDraw. But I now understand you outsourced both design and printing? Or does a decal sheet with B28 markings exist? Curious now 😀

Rob

I ordered decals in small company which makes such orders, showed them few pictures and they found everything neccesary for those decals.

Didn't ask how.

They made for me decals for all nuclear bombs from this Belcher Bits kit: B-83 and others.

I am only not so happy about this "handwriting" on the bomb now, but it was my idea. 🙂

IMG-1494.jpg

4 minutes ago, Solo said:

I ordered decals in small company which makes such orders, showed them few pictures and they found everything neccesary for those decals.

Didn't ask how.

They made for me decals for all nuclear bombs from this Belcher Bits kit: B-83 and others.

I am only not so happy about this "handwriting" on the bomb now, but it was my idea. 🙂

Thanks for the additional details, all clear now. Great work by the custom decal company!

Rob

44 minutes ago, Solo said:

My company is from Poland (I do live there):

https://www.meliusmanu.pl/en/

If you want any ranslation assistance, I can help you.

dear solo: thank you very much! this is a precious info, all the more so as i live too on the eastern shore of the pond, i.e. italy.

then, poland is much more accessible than the transatlantic places; also, i see that the company is really specialized in custom modelers' decal production, which isn't easy to find.

as for translation, i  see a british flag in the upper right of the page but it seems to be not working yet.

in case, i will try with google transaltor, or, with many thanks, i will take advantage from your -surely more reliable- translations. i will p.m. you, ok?

thank you very much again,  and...happy modeling!

best ciaos, bobo.