Mods, please delete

Gosh dern-it! I already have some of those very same seats that I ordered earlier this year & forgot about in my accessories tubs. I guess I should’ve looks in my A-6 accessories box first. I feel like a space cadet now for asking. A big thanks to you for your reply!

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

8 hours ago, Gunny said:

Gosh dern-it! I already have some of those very same seats that I ordered earlier this year & forgot about in my accessories tubs. I guess I should’ve looks in my A-6 accessories box first. I feel like a space cadet now for asking. A big thanks to you for your reply!

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

I've done that so many times its not funny. Now every time I see some interesting aftermarket on eBay, I have to look through my stash and/or check all my e-mail receipts to make sure I don't have it already. Its a b***h getting old 🙄

30 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Database, gentlemen.  A spreadsheet will suffice, too.

You know your stash is too big when you need a database to manage it. 

Ask me how I know....  😞

I did spreadsheets and databases for work.  I created a relational database so I not only have kits in one table and aftermarket in another, it's relational so I can tie the aftermarket items to specific kits.  When I look at a kit entry, I see the aftermarket stuff I have for it.

Sadly, I can easily calculate how much I've spent building my SSR.  I could have bought a new liter-bike instead, or doubled the size of my coin collection...

30 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I did spreadsheets and databases for work.  I created a relational database so I not only have kits in one table and aftermarket in another, it's relational so I can tie the aftermarket items to specific kits.  When I look at a kit entry, I see the aftermarket stuff I have for it.

Sadly, I can easily calculate how much I've spent building my SSR.  I could have bought a new liter-bike instead, or doubled the size of my coin collection...

What software did you use to create the Db? I still have a copy of Access 2007 on my PC. I doubt I have the ambition to set one up, but you never know.

I did mine years ago in Lotus Approach using a Paradox tablespace.  I spent some time converting it to Access but the forms are much more work than with Approach.  It's still a work in progress as I'm getting unexpected results with relational links.  Approach is so much easier.  But since Lotus products are dead except for Notes, you gotta adapt or perish.

There is a cheapware database built just for modellers whose name I cannot remember.  I'm not sure if it's relational.

33 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I did mine years ago in Lotus Approach using a Paradox tablespace.  I spent some time converting it to Access but the forms are much more work than with Approach.  It's still a work in progress as I'm getting unexpected results with relational links.  Approach is so much easier.  But since Lotus products are dead except for Notes, you gotta adapt or perish.

There is a cheapware database built just for modellers whose name I cannot remember.  I'm not sure if it's relational.

Thanks. I never did much with databases. I remember building a simple relational db way back when, using tools that were provided with the AT&T Unix releases. Don't remember what they were called. All driven using basic shell commands. I tried getting into Access but never really liked its interface with Visual Basic. I liked working with VB in Excel and got pretty good at it. But don't ask me to do anything now, I doubt I could build a home budget spreadsheet.

If you ever finish the Access port would you consider sharing it?

Google sheets are a fine tool to use for your inventory. I have tab in my inventory spreadsheet for kits, AM, and books.

Since I can get to it from any device,  anywhere, I haven't unknowingly bought duplicates since I started using it. I also haven't forgotten that I had some AM or a reference book for a kit I'm working on. Can also be readily shared among people, too. Read-only or modifiable. 

I need to get paint colors into it too.

I don't work for Google; just a happy user. 

Edited by dnl42
5 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Google sheets are a fine tool to use for your inventory. I have tab in my inventory spreadsheet for kits, AM, and books.

Since I can get to it from any device,  anywhere, I haven't unknowingly bought duplicates since I started using it. I also haven't forgotten that I had some AM or a reference book for a kit I'm working on. Can also be readily shared among people, too. Read-only or modifiable. 

I need to get paint colors into it too.

I don't work for Google; just a happy user. 

Sounds very nice. I have a problem with Google though. Privacy is not a word they understand. I wouldn't trust them with something like a spreadsheet or Db with data which, though innocuous, is never the less personal in nature. They already get enough data from my searches.