Wow I should start playing more video games. New F-14 game?

Wow some real talented people here. To be honest I don't play video games so I am not sure what game this is but it is supposed to be coming out soon. Looks amazing.

Edited by skyhawk174
46 minutes ago, mungo1974 said:

It was...lol

ab2_1

I LOVED that game! What was it? Afterburner or something like that? I remember you sat down in it and it moved as you played. The only problem was that it took TWO quarters instead of one. It was so worth it though! 

As long as you can set up the sim for "Full Realism Mode". 

With that box checked, your Tom will be unflyable 50% of the time due to MX issues.    The remaining 50%, there is a good chance a critical system like the radar will be non-functional.   It will also enable "Random Engine Explosions". 

With the above implemented,  you will get a great idea of what it was like to fly the beloved Tom!

I think the last flying simulator game I played was called F-16 Falcon or something like that. My computer could barely keep up and at the time memory was expensive so I don;t think I ever got anywhere in the game.

What I did love was those strategy games like Command and Conquer. Now that was fun on my IBM 286.

5 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I LOVED that game! What was it? Afterburner or something like that? I remember you sat down in it and it moved as you played. The only problem was that it took TWO quarters instead of one. It was so worth it though! 

I played something like that once. The program was lacking as the plane couldn't loop.

7 hours ago, 11bee said:

As long as you can set up the sim for "Full Realism Mode". 

With that box checked, your Tom will be unflyable 50% of the time due to MX issues.    The remaining 50%, there is a good chance a critical system like the radar will be non-functional.   It will also enable "Random Engine Explosions". 

With the above implemented,  you will get a great idea of what it was like to fly the beloved Tom!

That 50% thing is a myth and BS, while the Tomcat did have maintenance issues towards the end of it's career it was never that bad.

And the engine thing was on Alpha's back in the mid 80's, this sim has F110 engines, a million times better than the TF-30 ever was.

We (VF-103 Sluggers) once had a F110 suck up a 9/16 allen stock the cat guys left on the cat track on night during a cat shot, the engine crapped out it's parts down the cat track but continued to produce 80% power. The bird was fully loaded (3x2x2 w/ 2xtanks) and was able to stay up and came back aboard on the recovery.

Remember, there are two types of aircraft in the world, Tomcats and targets.

Edited by GW8345
On 11/18/2018 at 6:31 PM, skyhawk174 said:

Wow some real talented people here. To be honest I don't play video games so I am not sure what game this is but it is supposed to be coming out soon. Looks amazing.

I was into the Eagle Dynamics stuff a long time ago, and it's hard to call it a game. It's more like work. You literally have to "go to school" before you even start.

I already have a work-like hobby. It's called modelling.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:24 PM, janman said:

I need this on PS4! 😕

No you don't! Buy a PC and HOTAS, sell Linda and the kids and you're about ready 😉

DCS is simply amazing and calling it a game is almost an insult to its developers. Tomcat's just around a corner - goodbye modelling for me 😄

13 hours ago, Sebastijan said:

No you don't! Buy a PC and HOTAS, sell Linda and the kids and you're about ready 😉

DCS is simply amazing and calling it a game is almost an insult to its developers. Tomcat's just around a corner - goodbye modelling for me 😄

Totally agree, I have the DCS A-10 C 'game' for the PC, and have set up the PC with a Thrustmaster HOTAS and Warthog stick, with a 20cm extension, and Saitek pedals. There is no 'game' about it, it's a stunning program that really makes you feel like you are flying the plane. If I may be so bold as to make a further suggestion, the use of a TrackIR unit enhances the experience, once set up properly 

Cheers

Les

6 minutes ago, lesthegringo said:

Totally agree, I have the DCS A-10 C 'game' for the PC, and have set up the PC with a Thrustmaster HOTAS and Warthog stick, with a 20cm extension, and Saitek pedals. There is no 'game' about it, it's a stunning program that really makes you feel like you are flying the plane. If I may be so bold as to make a further suggestion, the use of a TrackIR unit enhances the experience, once set up properly 

Cheers

Les

Yeah, I fly warthog with 5cm extension (more than enough for desk clamp mounted stick) and have been flying a10c since first beta in 2011 and the series since first Flanker game. 

TrackIR is great but I've recently had a chance to get Oculus Rift VR set for a mere 100eur and it's a total game changer. Think of it as much of a step forward from TiR as it was from no headtracking to TrackIR.

• 4 years later...